• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Reds - S15 Round 12 - 4 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
I thought the Force played Genia brilliantly, 9s are there to get hassled, they have no ther use in the game!!:p

Dead straight. Although it appears they have two jobs - get hassled and whine.

Hardly befitting of the World's Best (TM)

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Mate I think you are having a hard time with the concept of a draw. There are no winners or losers with a draw.. just two points each for the effort. Both teams evenly matched on the night I think it was a fair result.
I think you probably shouldn't have said anything at all.. jeez.
Omg. If he had won he wouldn't of come out with that crap in the media. I'm not even talking about the result. I said he was being a sore looser by talking crap after the game. Like I said if u ask him. He will feel like he lost. JEEZ :) lol

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Dead straight. Although it appears they have two jobs - get hassled and whine.

Hardly befitting of the World's Best (TM)
It's unlike Genia to have a whine though isn't it? I thought he still had a good game. Some of his decision makings in the last 10 made sure they wouldn't loose. A couple of great kicks that turned the force around 50 mts.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Omg. If he had won he wouldn't of come out with that crap in the media. I'm not even talking about the result. I said he was being a sore looser by talking crap after the game. Like I said if u ask him. He will feel like he lost. JEEZ :) lol

So you know what goes on in a players mind & how they feel? Riiiiight......
I'm not going to debate whether he was right or wrong in his after game comments, because frankly I don't care. But to call someone a sore loser (note the one O in loser)
when they didn't even lose the game is just mind boggling.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
His whinge was fairly justified though. I kept seeing us hold him down in back play and think, we're gonna get chipped for that shortly. But it never happened. You can bet we wouldn't get away with it if Kaplan or Joubert had been reffing.

Good tactic though, no team in the comp can complain when another team pushes it and gets away with it, because they all try and push the boundaries. In fact I would say the Reds push it more than most. Their whole title was built on a year where they emulated the all blacks and blatantly took up space past the ruck to secure quick ball and prevent counter rucking.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Congrats to the Force - what defence - they certainly "lift" for the Reds

Saia pretty damm average - at least 2 x3 pointers against him - Hanson a better overall option
Genia well controlled - AND not taking the 3 shows a lack of captaincy capacity - terrible - when will HE learn
Slipper missed by the Reds
Digby, Rob Simmons were the stand outs for me (for the Reds)

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think Genia is just a sore person. I still chuckle about him firing up on Rod Kafer in the test last year when he picked up the knee injury.

Sure he was targetted but that kind of play is exactly what guys like Saia Fainga'a and Rob Simmons (and a fair few bloody All Blacks) do. I don't particularly like it, but look at how many penalties the Reds gave away in that game. It's not like they are saints. Teams often infringe when the Force are on attack because they know that we struggle to build momentum and struggle to score. Why not give up a possible 3 points if you are confident you can outscore the opposition?

What it means is that the Force should become better at attacking. Just as the Reds should prepare for the fact that Genia might not be available at every breakdown.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
So you know what goes on in a players mind & how they feel? Riiiiight..
I'm not going to debate whether he was right or wrong in his after game comments, because frankly I don't care. But to call someone a sore loser (note the one O in loser)
when they didn't even lose the game is just mind boggling.
You don't get it. It's not worth talking anymore

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
His whinge was fairly justified though. I kept seeing us hold him down in back play and think, we're gonna get chipped for that shortly. But it never happened. You can bet we wouldn't get away with it if Kaplan or Joubert had been reffing.

Good tactic though, no team in the comp can complain when another team pushes it and gets away with it, because they all try and push the boundaries. In fact I would say the Reds push it more than most. Their whole title was built on a year where they emulated the all blacks and blatantly took up space past the ruck to secure quick ball and prevent counter rucking.
Your right mate but everyone was doing it. I noticed it heaps against the force. I'm sure if I re watched I would notice it the other way as well.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I think Genia is just a sore person. I still chuckle about him firing up on Rod Kafer in the test last year when he picked up the knee injury.

Sure he was targetted but that kind of play is exactly what guys like Saia Fainga'a and Rob Simmons (and a fair few bloody All Blacks) do. I don't particularly like it, but look at how many penalties the Reds gave away in that game. It's not like they are saints. Teams often infringe when the Force are on attack because they know that we struggle to build momentum and struggle to score. Why not give up a possible 3 points if you are confident you can outscore the opposition?

What it means is that the Force should become better at attacking. Just as the Reds should prepare for the fact that Genia might not be available at every breakdown.

Actually I am pretty sure the Redd gave up stuff all penalties in defence. They did however get penalised in attack a number of times in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.