• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Reds - S15 Round 12 - 4 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Will Genia said:
"Like tackling you late, holding you off the ball, grabbing you and pulling you away from the rucks - all sorts of things.

It's kind of funny because these are exactly the sort of things you'd often use to describe the play of Saia Fainga'a, Rob Simmons and to a lesser extent Anthony Fainga'a. Several of the Reds players are experts at this sort of thing.

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
Willie G isn't doing himself or the conference any favours. Makes us look like the schoolboys that J. Joseph says we are.

If he's having a gripe to clue up the refs, how about a quiet word in someone's shell-like.

If he's crying to placate Reds supporters, he need not worry. There are enough mug punters online that share his views.

Reflects poorly on all concerned.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
To be fair I think Hellen Keller could have done a better job refereeing the breakdown, for both teams.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
What's a looser? It wasn't a loose game, it was very tight. So tight in fact that there were no losers... it was a draw!
I guess you could say us force supporters will take what we can.

The force didnt lose which to us is a win. And when we do win its an added bonus ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I did not think he lost and therefore can't be a sore loser. Are you referring to him complaining that he was getting held off the ball. Is he not allowed to talk about what happened in the game?

He's allowed to do whatever he wants. If he doesn't want to look like a whinger though he'll probably learn something from Dan Palmer and keep quiet.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I did not think he lost and therefore can't be a sore loser. Are you referring to him complaining that he was getting held off the ball. Is he not allowed to talk about what happened in the game?
He was looked after well. We shut his game down. There is no need to take away from the forces effort. And he did by saying we were not playing in the spirit of the game. That pisses me off. The force played really well. We don't want him talking shit about our game because he had an average won.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Ask Genia who won. To the reds it was a loss. Should I of said sore drawer? Jeez

Mate I think you are having a hard time with the concept of a draw. There are no winners or losers with a draw.... just two points each for the effort. Both teams evenly matched on the night I think it was a fair result.
I think you probably shouldn't have said anything at all...... jeez.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Force are developing a special relationship with the Reds, which if the Reds don't win next time around will almost exceed Hoodoo status.

The Force seem to be able to lift well boyond expectations for this one game, and then really crash for the next game delivering mush. Great to get the win over the Reds, but the lack of consistency must really sh!t the coaches and supporters no end.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Force wins at Suncorp earlier this year, in Perth last year.

Force performance in the games following = mush.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yeah I was, but nice back pedal wasn't it?

The fact of the matter from a Force perspective is that they can't back up and produce consistently good footy.

They go off the boil after a game where they stretch the Cursaders to the limits and play a shocker at home against their hoodoo team, the Rebels.

The Force fans are rewarded after unexpected (by many) victories/good performances with crap. Must drive the Force Faithful insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.