• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Reds - S15 Round 12 - 4 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Toothless tiger. They should enact the penalty the next time the two teams meet. At least it would be some type of meaningful punishment.

Yawn, Cowan was deliberately slowing the pill down should have moved away quicker. He's been a serial pest all season long doing it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I really like the combativeness of Nick Cummins, nothing more than 100%

Also great to see Brett Sheehan back and being 100% pest. The first thing he did was start pushing Genia about at the scrum.

On Genia, the Force were very smart. Genia was held, put on the bottom of rucks, checked all game. That kept him away from a chunk of play

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yawn, Cowan was deliberately slowing the pill down should have moved away quicker. He's been a serial pest all season long doing it.

Yes, because the way the rules are, players are allowed to take measures into their own hands with no come back from the ref o_O

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Yes, because the way the rules are, players are allowed to take measures into their own hands with no come back from the ref o_O

Yet we, the armchair experts complain about slow rucks and slow ball play when the solution is quite simple.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yet we, the armchair experts complain about slow rucks and slow ball play when the solution is quite simple.

Agreed, but rucking ain't coming back.

And honestly "if" rucking was returned, quite a few of the Reds units would have had noughts and crosses played on their backs in that game as well (Saia Fainga'a in particular would have had a best out of seven game played on him by the end)

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Completely agree FP, whether you continue after having a few beauty marks is entirely up to how silly you want to be!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Can they please start to take points every time they are offer. If it fails you generally get the ball back in the opposition half. The only time i want to see them kick for touch again is going for a bonus point and the game is out of reach or under 2 mins left and need 2 scores.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
the reds arnt my team mate
my interests are in australian teams making the finals> the force gift points to the cheetahs, bulls and kings lets see em play like that against those teams huh?
Gift? They were all close games. In fact we almost beat the bulls in sa.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The way some Reds supporters (not all) talk, there are 14 teams in the competiton all trying to slow the ball down, and 1 that isn't. Every team that you play is trying to slow your ball down and you're trying to slow down everyone else's. How much the ball is slowed down depends on how well you protect your own ball and how the referee interprets each breakdown.

There were plenty of Reds players slowing down Force ball last night and vice versa. The Reds are a tough, well-drilled side with some high quality players and teams are going to lift against them. Force were highly committed and did some good things last night. I thought being able to stop the Reds scoring a try for about 70 mins, when 2nd half possession running over 60-40 against was pretty good.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Did anyone see how the ball came out in the last ruck? It looked like the reds were lucky to get away with hands? Could of lost the game for them.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
It's annoying though. We have been a so close to being a competitive team for so long. Only losing by small amounts. We have had quite a few draws. Hopefully with the good recruitment next year will be a good one

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
The way some Reds supporters (not all) talk, there are 14 teams in the competiton all trying to slow the ball down, and 1 that isn't. Every team that you play is trying to slow your ball down and you're trying to slow down everyone else's.

I don't see that at all. The problem is, people cry wolf when Horwill gives those lazy players a love tap. If you can't handle to heat, get out of the kitchen.

R u serious. What about saia? He was flopping everywhere. The entire reds team slowed the ball down all night.

Selective reading? I acknowledged it happened by the Reds. I'm just brushing off the whole love tap scenario.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
What's this love tap crap? Another good one was Robinson. When he came on he made about 6 tackles on 3 min. Problem was not one bloke had the ball when he tackled them. There was a lot of tackles of the ball lay night. By both teams and one penalty from it.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
The entire reds team Both teams slowed the ball down all night.

Just for completeness.

If the ref allows it and both teams want it enough, this is the end result. Massive arm wrestle.

Apart from Ioane the red's backline looks pretty impotent in the face of an organised defence with good line speed. He is the best Aus winger going round in those conditions.

Shipperley will want to find his cojones and have a real go carrying the ball, or he is going to slip silently off the radar.

Taps and Cooper really need to mix it up a bit more, they look more like Deans is coaching them than they should.

Slipper and Hanson made some sort of impact, hope they start from here on.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
That's brilliant.

Genia has come out having a whinge. He should keep his mouth shut. Sore looser.

Status
Not open for further replies.