• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Reds - S15 Round 12 - 4 May 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Haven't read the posts through the game, but fair play to the force boys, they played out of their skins. Great commitment and some mighty try line defense, done within the laws. If they could play like that more often they'd be a chance, but I suppose we have been saying that for a few years.

Reds, other than Digby, looked fairly flat.

Godwin is certainly one to keep an eye on for the future.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Reds excuses for not scoring against Brumbies were cynical infringements by Brumbies. What was the problem tonight? Over 60% of ball and 1 try. Not sure what it is, but it points to something not being right with their attack.

Any thoughts Reds supporters? (I'm not having a go, but you guys watch them more than I do)

Simply hand credit to the Force for an inspirational defensive effort. They were bloody outstanding.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds excuses for not scoring against Brumbies were cynical infringements by Brumbies. What was the problem tonight? Over 60% of ball and 1 try. Not sure what it is, but it points to something not being right with their attack.

Any thoughts Reds supporters? (I'm not having a go, but you guys watch them more than I do)

Getting bashed around at the breakdown too often. Hard to go forwards if you're going backwards.

Tapuai & Ant Fainga'a have been underwhelming of late too.

P

Paradox

the reds haven't hit their attacking straps for a few years now. Not sure why.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
You guys find some inventive ways to hate on the Force.

Just as inventive as why their supporters keep rocking up to watch them. You blokes must have a high threshold for pain which is of great credit to you. It is frustrating seeing them one game play out of their skin and the next week fall over.

Force just need to find the consistency because shit they can play good rugby at times.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Why can't they at least do it for the SA & NZ teams so it boosts the Aussie conference? Instead they knock the stuffing out of the wallabies best players

But that's not unusual for this competition where more often than not its the local derbies that are the closest and the most physical. Some of the Bulls v Stormers and Crusaders v Canes/Chiefs games have bee the most physical games I've ever watched.

Also I highly doubt that when the Force go out there they are thinking "Will Genia, Wallaby halfback, I'm going to tackle with less oomph.,." They are going to fire up even more so I'd say.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
jay-c said:
the reds arnt my team mate
my interests are in australian teams making the finals> the force gift points to the cheetahs, bulls and kings lets see em play like that against those teams huh?​
They managed to beat the Crusaders, and have gone pretty close in a number of other games. Do you expect them to roll over and let the Reds score tries? The Reds won't lose their position on the ladder, so what's the problem?
you cant decipher my problem from the above post?
... try read it again...
how can i put this in a way you'll understand...
i want the force to play as well against kiwi and saffa teams as the do against australian teams and their once a year good game vs the crusaders

M

Moono75

man the force piss me off> they are the comps whipping boys for nz and sa and yet they turn up to play like that against the aussie teams> despite what the kiwis and saffas think of australia having a 5th team> it actually hurts the teams in our province who actually have a shot at the finals>
good on em for getting a draw against the reds- but lets see em take points off the kiwis and saffas
glad we farked your night up.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
man the force piss me off> they are the comps whipping boys for nz and sa and the Rebels yet they turn up to play like that against the aussie teams> despite what the facts are> it actually hurts the teams in our province to lose games they should probably win. Just like every other team in the comp.>
good on em for getting a draw against the reds- but lets see em take points off the kiwis and saffas

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Quick go only so rough cut thoughts for current and future competitive conditions:

- need a real attacking, fast 15 with Mogg-like attributes esp long kicks fm hand, big gap here in Reds attack

- need a faster and far better attacking and ball handling 13...and sadly S Finger looks past his best and has become reckless re penalties as well

- need Taps in way better form, and Shipps seems more and more hesitant, declining in confidence and form

- need a second 'when needed' kicker that can complement and/or replace QC (Quade Cooper) at times as QC (Quade Cooper) has always been a somewhat erratic kicker, great one week, can miss clutches the next

- need to drop the indulgent notion that we're some kind of special family that must preserve players who were great...two years ago...and ruthlessly upgrade our obvious attacking weak spots, S15 top level conditions have changed dramatically since 2011

- need to stabilize coaching situation; I can't help but believe the whole handover model and players and coaches leaving etc isn't having some impact on team stability and focus

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
man the force piss me off> they are the comps whipping boys for nz and sa and yet they turn up to play like that against the aussie teams> despite what the kiwis and saffas think of australia having a 5th team> it actually hurts the teams in our province who actually have a shot at the finals>

Even though this is utter dribble, this is the reason we're the most competitive conference.

Ryphon

Allen Oxlade (6)

Well unfortunately that's how the conference system works. You can't rely on the 'easy' points from your conference to get through. Just ask the Saffers and NZ teams.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
fantastic atmosphere at the game.great defence from the Force,pity we haven't got a couple more game breakers.After travelling to watch the past two matches it was good to sit with the sea of blue again & not watch a shellacing

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
which part are u suggesting is dribble?
the force being the comps whipping boys? history might be against u on that one
the fact that they play like that against aussie teams and not kiwi and saffas? more often then not it seems
or the fact that the force only seem to turn up against the reds and brumbies when its gunna cost them the most?
or do u disagree with my suggestion that id like to see them perform like that against the kiwis and saffas?

Status
Not open for further replies.