• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force Vs Waratahs, Round 17 - Saturday 15th July, NIB Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Well, someone needed to get the ball rolling.
It should be an interesting game, the Force aren't going to give this game away without a fight.
I hope they get a full house to farewell Hodgo

andrewM

Herbert Moran (7)
No doubt the Tahs will put in 100% more effort than what they did against the Jags - if they don't then they deserve to be tagged Worst Tahs of All Time. The Force won't need any more encouragement to do their best in Hodgo's last game AND taking second spot on the Australian conference so I reckon its going to be a cracker

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Force by 20. Or more. Yes, I am serious. Tahs are a broken rabble. Which is sad for Aus rugby, as much as many of you delight in the fact. Which I sort of get, but sort of don't. I personally want all Aus teams to thrive.
Bleh. The Tahs will bounce back and fast. 2007 was the pits and 2008 were finalists. 2012 the pits. 2014 Champions. I get where you are coming from, but I only take delight in knowing this is temporary and wouldn't if I didn't. You could say you shouldn't kick a man when he's down, but that saying was never made for the Waratahs. Kick them when they are down and aim for the face or nuts and get it done before they get up again.

B

BLR

^^ True, an arrogant Tahs is what we want to be facing, not a desperate Tahs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DEki4vuUIAA0Cye.jpg:large

Naiyaravoro starts for Hegarty who is crocket. Mack Mason comes onto the bench.

Phipps returns to the bench in place of Lucas.

Paddy Ryan is out and is replaced by Lolohea.
Latu omitted again is notable.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
If the Force come to play, I just can't see the Tahs winning this (and I've never said that before). Pack is too lightweight- too many flankers. Feel like we should have the advantage at the set piece. Tahs over us at the breakdown, but perhaps that will matter less if our guys are winning the collisions. Having said that, our attack relies on multiple phases and the more guys who are mobile and handy at the breakdown, the more likely they will come in and ruin things. Just have to make sure we don't let things get too loose (al la the Kings game).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If I was a betting man, and I am, the Force at slight underdogs paying $2 is pretty enticing.

I don't think I've ever done this before, but given the choice of watching GWS v Sydney Swans or this game on Saturday night, I'll be watching the rugby delayed. The AFL game is a local derby between the two form teams in the competition.

M

Moono75

If the Tahs haven't opened a big can of desperation yet this season, I'm not sure they're about to. I think you might get a destitute Tahs.
they have the can......just haven't got the can opener

Status
Not open for further replies.