• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Waratahs - Super Rugby R17 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
To put a fine point on it: slurp a big hairy cock Axel you nard burglar. You nearly ruined my franchise and now you're shitting on the Force.

Skelton my MOTM. If we're talking physicality, MMM lived in the edge of the corner of Big Willie's shadow.

Atkins good, back row good, back three good. Centres did their job, while the front row was crippled by presence of Tilse, though it was Ryan who lost his concentration at the crucial moment.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Luke Holmes performance has not been up to Super 15 Standard.

His lineout work is unreliable. He falls off tackles and is often missing at breakdown time.

Does all right at Shute shield level by all accounts.

When is Fitzpatrick getting back to health?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Have to agree with Marto for once, Cheks and the coaching staff really earned their $ today.

Such a shame we missed last minute kicks against the Rebels and Crusaders, we'd be comfortably in the top 6.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Have to agree with Marto for once, Cheks and the coaching staff really earned their $ today.

Such a shame we missed last minute kicks against the Rebels and Crusaders, we'd be comfortably in the top 6.

Cheetahs, missed 2 bps against Hurricanes and 1 missed against the Reds and Bulls. Soooo close in every game, will hopefully just motivate them for next year.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
To put a fine point on it: slurp a big hairy cock Axel you nard burglar. You nearly ruined my franchise and now you're shitting on the Force.

His comments at half time were hilarious, the last thing the Force needed to do was to be even more patient and slow it down further. I'd love to see Godwin playing under a coach who plays attacking rugby, he really is going to be a special player.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Axel Foley even better at the full time presser.

"we lost because they were desperate and wanted it more"

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Possession was even - 51% to the home side
Force had territory 58%

Time in opposition 22 force had 7:29!!! Tahs 4:24.

Kick/pass/run - Force 3/14/1, Tahs 12/25/4

Kicks in play - 24 each

R&M Force 75 Tahs 84

Pick & Drive Force 13 Tahs 1

Advantage line Force 70% Tahs 59%

7+ phases Force 1 Tahs 2

Line breaks Force 4 Tahs 6

Missed tackles force 28 Tahs 23

Lineouts Force 13/3 Tahs 7/2

Penalties conceded Force 6 Tahs 10

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
His comments at half time were hilarious, the last thing the Force needed to do was to be even more patient and slow it down further. I'd love to see Godwin playing under a coach who plays attacking rugby, he really is going to be a special player.
Godwin is all class and what's even better is he's lived in Perth since he was 8 and has been developed over there. How the Force signed Foley is beyond belief.

I liked the work of Skelton and in general, I thought the Waratahs were good considering the number of 1st choice players missing.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Possession was even - 51% to the home side
Force had territory 58%
Time in opposition 22 force had 7:29!!! Tahs 4:24.
Kick/pass/run - Force 3/14/1, Tahs 12/25/4
Kicks in play - 24 each
R&M Force 75 Tahs 84
Pick & Drive Force 13 Tahs 1
Advantage line Force 70% Tahs 59%
7+ phases Force 1 Tahs 2
Line breaks Force 4 Tahs 6
Missed tackles force 28 Tahs 23
Lineouts Force 13/3 Tahs 7/2
Penalties conceded Force 6 Tahs 10
I can see Foley looking over those statistics tomorrow and being dumbfounded as to how the Force lost. And therein lies his problem.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
A lot of the guys brought in for the Lions played better than the regulars did today.

Salesi Manu, Hodgson at 7, Sam Norton-Knight, Ed Stubbs, Dale Haylett-Petty and Sam Christie all provided much more impact than the players today in my opinion.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I can see Foley looking over those statistics tomorrow and being dumbfounded as to how the Force lost. And therein lies his problem.

All I can say is that I am extremely thankful he is not at the Waratahs any more. He is not a head-coach's bootlace. The player (amongst others) that I do feel sorry for is Godwin. Imagine how he would go outside Foley in a Cheika-coached team. Instead he's got Eberson (well what did I do last time? Oh yes, I kicked it. Well I'd better try that again) inside him in a Foley coached team.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Godwin is all class and what's even better is he's lived in Perth since he was 8 and has been developed over there. How the Force signed Foley is beyond belief.

I liked the work of Skelton and in general, I thought the Waratahs were good considering the number of 1st choice players missing.

There are tonnes of Tahs supporters who are believers in reasons why the Force signed Foley.

Cleared the decks at Driver Avenue. Gotta believe in that.:)

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'd hate to see the turnover rate for the Force because I'm sure it was atrocious. How many times did we knock it on when hot on attack! No patience by the Force, or great Tahs defence? Maybe a combination of both.

Kudos to the Shute Shield XV/Tahs C (whatever Qwerty wants to call them); the new guys in the forward pack didn't miss a beat stepping in for the Wallabies, and the back 3 of Betham, Crawford and Mitchell is absolutely electric.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Looking at who ran on today, I now understand why they didn't run the Sydney vs Country match this weekend.

Most of the starters for both teams would have been in Perth.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Thank fuck we kept our powder dry for this big game and didn't throw everything at the Lions.

Foley out.
Based on comments from others (Bruce Ross in particular) you guys should give Louden a call....... And if I was Louden I'd call the Force to put my hand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.