• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Waratahs - Super Rugby R17 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Based on comments from others (Bruce Ross in particular) you guys should give Louden a call... And if I was Louden I'd call the Force to put my hand up.

He would definitely shock the system, however I don't see him relocating out west.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
I hope Foley completes his contract at the Force which is for 4 years? With a cannot be sacked clause?
At least the Waratahs don't have to worry about the Force for the next 3 seasons being a challenger.
Only scary point is how many players careers will be ruined in that time.

dabiged

Stan Wickham (3)
I never ceased to be amazed at how much the force can dominate a significant fraction of the game and still make the scoreline look like an absolute blowout loss.

Also I felt the ref had a shocker today. Tahs number 7 had 2 or 3 legit. turnovers in the first half that he was penalised for and I would have thought that 5 offside calls in the defensive 22 was worth a chat to the captain about? But I am a bit one eyed.

Well played by NSW. Goes to show how far we still have to go :( .

P

Paradox

How was Skelton in the second 40? Only caught the first but he was immense.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The ref actually had a few shockers both ways with turnovers. Favoured the attacking team heavily but a few rucks I thought Alcock had the ball cold.

But the Force need to look at themselves - despite being down by 14, Cowan should have taken the points in the first half to build some momentum instead if continual lineouts.

Ebersohn and Godwin are both good boots and could have pinned the Tahs back. Over 7 minutes in the 22 and you've only got 13 points to show for it? Fark.

I made the joke somewhere else: Who McMeniman? I know he's just coming back but he should have started against the Lions and benched this game to try and make an impact late with Hodgson - the Force serving row were absent.

If Skeleton can spend this season upping his fitness and shedding some fat, he could be the big cuzzy lock we've been waiting to uncover. He even got some lineout ball today, in addition to single handedly saving two or three tries by smashing the Force maul. Sign him for three years Waratahs, and extend Cheika NOW.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
cant describe how happy i am to see the tahs win that
even happier to see the commentators stick it into foley and gotta say carter earned some points with me for his dig on foley "looks like they were underdone" haha

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The force are just crap unfortunately. That was a good tah side though. Anyone that thinks it was a week side doesn't know those players. The tahs did enough to take the win. I thought the red couldn't adjudicate a rolling maul
For his life. The tahs just all drove around the side to sack It a Couple of times and then got the turnover.

The ref was defiantly not the problem here tonight though. The force just lack attacking ability. They also lost the back forward a number of times. I understand the conditions were not easy but the amount of times they lost the ball is inexcusable. Luke Morahan and zack Holmes both had great games this weekend and I can't wait too see them in them over here. The backs who did well for the force were probably Godwin and roselia with mentions for Hayward and delit but zack holes, Luke Morahan and DHP have to start for us next year. It will look like 9 Alby/prior
10 Holmes
11cummins
12 Godwin
13 Roselia?
14 DHP
15 Morahan

The cam Crawford try looked like a lot of obstruction. 3 tah players past the ball while foley ran across the field. Sias and Godwin were impeded. Anyone else notice that and have an opinion?

Foley apologised for selections over the lions after the game.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
cant describe how happy i am to see the tahs win that
even happier to see the commentators stick it into foley and gotta say carter earned some points with me for his dig on foley "looks like they were underdone" haha

Staggering is it not jay-c that the Force's management superiors could compound the huge panic-driven folly of hiring Foley on a 4 year contract with that of grossly insulting the WA rugby public by permitting Foley to recklessly compromise both his Lions team and his vs Tahs team and thus end up decisively losing both games in different but equally embarrassing fashions.

The core problem of Australian rugby is nothing to do with our playing stocks, it's largely to do with the calibre of franchise and RU leadership and management.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
How do you sign a coach who won 4 games with a talented squad in that year?
Keep bangen that drum mate.

Look at it this way he has achived just about the same result with a shit playing roster as his did with a staked one.

Good effort if you ask me.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The force are just crap unfortunately. That was a good tah side though. Anyone that thinks it was a week side doesn't know those players. The tahs did enough to take the win. I thought the red couldn't adjudicate a rolling maul
For his life. The tahs just all drove around the side to sack It a Couple of times and then got the turnover.

The ref was defiantly not the problem here tonight though. The force just lack attacking ability. They also lost the back forward a number of times. I understand the conditions were not easy but the amount of times they lost the ball is inexcusable. Luke Morahan and zack Holmes both had great games this weekend and I can't wait too see them in them over here. The backs who did well for the force were probably Godwin and roselia with mentions for Hayward and delit but zack holes, Luke Morahan and DHP have to start for us next year. It will look like 9 Alby/prior
10 Holmes
11cummins
12 Godwin
13 Roselia?
14 DHP
15 Morahan

The cam Crawford try looked like a lot of obstruction. 3 tah players past the ball while foley ran across the field. Sias and Godwin were impeded. Anyone else notice that and have an opinion?

Where did he apologise?

During he pressa He said you always second guess yourself but you have to live with your choices.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)

I was prepared to give Foley the benefit of the doubt despite his lack of success at the Tahs. he started strongly and prepared a great coaching team around him. But 17 rounds in and the exact same patterns and mistakes he made at the Tahs are becoming clearer.

The best indicator of future behaviour is past behaviour. I think we're wasting our time. Hope our new CEO has the balls to pull the trigger sooner rather than later.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
If Skeleton can spend this season upping his fitness and shedding some fat, he could be the big cuzzy lock we've been waiting to uncover. He even got some lineout ball today, in addition to single handedly saving two or three tries by smashing the Force maul. Sign him for three years Waratahs, and extend Cheika NOW.
Have you actually had a look at the young bloke? He's 135 lean and there would be few players who work as hard as him on his fitness.

How was Skelton in the second 40? Only caught the first but he was immense.
There were a few good things but the whole game went a little quiet for 20 minutes.
Presumably something else was distracting you while the game was going on.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Have you actually had a look at the young bloke? He's 135 lean and there would be few players who work as hard as him on his fitness.

I just punched his stats into the BMI Calculator Bruce Ross and he comes up as obese. With stats like that it is no wonder Foley never picked him while Tahs coach.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Skelton looked like he had run himself into the ground when he shuffled off, but he was in everything for a while there.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Where did he apologise?

During he pressa He said you always second guess yourself but you have to live with your choices.

He said that the players could of been not mentally right because of the selections against the lions

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

Obviously I haven't seen him in the gym or anything like that Bruce, but he did look a little big around the midriff to me today at the ground. He's a big strapping bloke though and like I said in my review, if he can make full use of that body he will go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.