• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Wallabies (RWC Warm-up), 28/8 1.45AM AEST

scrans21

Chris McKivat (8)
So Donaldson is set to start at 15? Interesting....

I wonder what the make up of the bench will be. If Eddie plans to get gametime into the uncapped and low-cap players then we could end up with a seriously undermanned bench. Wouldn't be surprised to see guys like Schoupp, Fines-Leleiwasa and Jorgensen (if he's fit) get their first cap.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Apparently Slips is also feeling a little ginger.

Protect our front row, Slipper & Tupou injured don't risk them. Our 3rd string props need decent minutes, throw them to the wolves against France. Let them be mauled. The young backrow are green (minus Valetini, protect him). Give Hooper & McReight more time and Gleeson a shot. Same goes for McDermott/Gordon, getting every single minute they can play together is vital. After that, Kerevi and Kellaway are injured, Foketi logical choice. Let's see if Donaldson can bring that 'Wick flair. No point risking Koroibete either, we can play ourselves into this tournament unlike France. Also Petaia needs time at 13, despite how injury prone he is.

This will be a blood bath against France's top 23 but fuck it, they need it. I expect us to roll out the top team for all pool matches bar Portugal. So, three games in a row, no need to make it harder with France.
1. Schoupp
2. Uelese
3. Nonggorr
4. Arnold
5. Philip
6. Hooper
7. Mcreight
8 Gleeson
9. McDermott
10. Gordon
11. Vunivalu
12. Foketi
13. Petaia
14. Nawaqanitawase
15. Donaldson
16. Faessler
17. Bell
18. Fa'amausili
19. Frost
20. Leota
21. Fines-Leleiwasa
22. Perese
23. Jorgensen

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think Eddie said he expected Jorgensen to be ready by the RWC, but I doubt the plan is to chuck him in this game to test him out. I could be wrong.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I agree, unless a first choice player is genuinely injured they will be featured in this 23. And if they are genuinely injured and they aren't a prop they might find themselves on a plane home.

NoName

Herbert Moran (7)
"Whilst we're certainly not disregarding France, we're not treating it as purely a training run, our aim is to get right for the World Cup."

You know what's good at getting us right? Winning.

The wallabies will not be able to recognize a winning opportunity when it presents itself due to EJ (Eddie Jones) repeatedly fucking around and finding out.

When the Georgian referee is penalizing us 20-1 against Portugal because the Georgians and Wallabies vie for the last quarter final spot from our pool, these guys are gonna need to recognize what to do to win, and taking us into the world cup with an absolute loser culture is asking to fail.

92-3.

Never forget.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Donaldson set for Wallabies warm-up against France​

This is crazy. He is basically admitting what everybody speculated that Ben Donaldson has only been picked because he comes from Randwick. Picking a Super Rugby player to play at a World Cup because of the style of his club team is close to the stupidest thing I have ever heard.
That's a wild inference.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
That's a wild inference.
That was my thinking as well - all the article said really was that he’d been training more at fullback than fly half. I think a more valid inference is that there is another 10 to come into the RWC squad. I certainly think Donaldson will be on the bench when the team is announced though - when is that BTW, 2am Saturday morning?

Last edited:

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
That was my thinking as well - all the article said really was that he’d been training more at fullback than fly half. I think a more valid inference is that there is another 10 to come into the RWC squad. I certainly think Donaldson will be on the bench when the team is announced - when is that BTW, 2am Saturday morning?
1.45am Monday morning (the worst possible time!) - I also expect to see Donaldson at #22 with Kellaway not the undisputed front runner for fullback

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
1.45am Monday morning (the worst possible time!) - I also expect to see Donaldson at #22 with Kellaway not the undisputed front runner for fullback
I was referring to the team announcement, assuming they did it 48 hours before the game. Couldnt find the sarcasm emoji.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
That was my thinking as well - all the article said really was that he’d been training more at fullback than fly half. I think a more valid inference is that there is another 10 to come into the RWC squad. I certainly think Donaldson will be on the bench when the team is announced though - when is that BTW, 2am Saturday morning?
You are referring to an article, not what Eddie said in the press conference where he was referring to randwick as “we” and talking about their style of play and that is why he likes Donaldson

anyway hope he goes well

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Apparently Slips is also feeling a little ginger.

Protect our front row, Slipper & Tupou injured don't risk them. Our 3rd string props need decent minutes, throw them to the wolves against France. Let them be mauled. The young backrow are green (minus Valetini, protect him). Give Hooper & McReight more time and Gleeson a shot. Same goes for McDermott/Gordon, getting every single minute they can play together is vital. After that, Kerevi and Kellaway are injured, Foketi logical choice. Let's see if Donaldson can bring that 'Wick flair. No point risking Koroibete either, we can play ourselves into this tournament unlike France. Also Petaia needs time at 13, despite how injury prone he is.

This will be a blood bath against France's top 23 but fuck it, they need it. I expect us to roll out the top team for all pool matches bar Portugal. So, three games in a row, no need to make it harder with France.
1. Schoupp
2. Uelese
3. Nonggorr
4. Arnold
5. Philip
6. Hooper
7. Mcreight
8 Gleeson
9. McDermott
10. Gordon
11. Vunivalu
12. Foketi
13. Petaia
14. Nawaqanitawase
15. Donaldson
16. Faessler
17. Bell
18. Fa'amausili
19. Frost
20. Leota
21. Fines-Leleiwasa
22. Perese
23. Jorgensen
You look at this squad, especially some of that backline and you really wonder why we didn’t pick Tom Wright, R Lonergan or Cooper.

It really makes no bloody sense.

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
If you listen to the presser, the quote is actually "Coming out of Randwick, that's how we - that's how Randwick play, a more natural style of game, so I've been really impressed by what he's doing."

Nearly pulled yourself up Eddie, but not quite
I wonder how many times Donaldson has actually played for the Wicks??

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
No I wasn’t suggesting he doesn’t start, only that he might be considered the other option at 10 outside Donaldson, in the case of an injury to Gordon during the game. However that then begs the question as to who the other 15 options are, Marky would be one, who else?

No please not Marky. He had a run there at the back end of super rugby and it wasn't pretty. Petaia a much better option.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I wonder how many times Donaldson has actually played for the Wicks??
Rubbish chat. He is randwick through and through. He played for clovelly as a kid, made all the randwick rep teams, played randwick colts and won a premiership. His old man played for the club and has been heavily involved for years.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
France bring out les big guns
1692875926955.png

Reactions: dru