• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Wallabies (RWC Warm-up), 28/8 1.45AM AEST

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He probably should give minutes to the guys who haven't got any but part of me wants full strength so we can see where we're at.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Wallabies team to play France at Stade de France, Paris on Sunday 27 August, 5:45pm CET/1:45am AEST

1 Angus Bell (23 Tests)

2. David Porecki (14 Tests)

3. Taniela Tupou (48 Tests)

4. Richie Arnold (4 Tests)

5. Will Skelton (c) (28 Tests)

6. Tom Hooper (3 Tests)

7. Fraser McReight (12 Tests)

8. Rob Valetini (34 Tests)

9. Tate McDermott (vc) (25 Tests)

10. Carter Gordon (4 Tests)

11. Suliasi Vunivalu (2 Tests)

12. Lalakai Foketi (5 Tests)

13. Jordan Petaia (27 Tests)

14. Mark Nawaqanitawase (6 Tests)

15. Andrew Kellaway (23 Tests)

Finishers

16. Matt Faessler (1 Test)

17. Blake Schoupp*

18. Zane Nonggorr (3 Tests)

19. Matt Philip (28 Tests)

20. Rob Leota (16 Tests)

21. Langi Gleeson (3 Tests)

22. Issak Fines-Leleiwasa*

23. Ben Donaldson (2 Tests)

*denotes uncapped

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wallabies team to play France at Stade de France, Paris on Sunday 27 August, 5:45pm CET/1:45am AEST

1 Angus Bell (23 Tests)

2. David Porecki (14 Tests)

3. Taniela Tupou (48 Tests)

4. Richie Arnold (4 Tests)

5. Will Skelton (c) (28 Tests)

6. Tom Hooper (3 Tests)

7. Fraser McReight (12 Tests)

8. Rob Valetini (34 Tests)

9. Tate McDermott (vc) (25 Tests)

10. Carter Gordon (4 Tests)

11. Suliasi Vunivalu (2 Tests)

12. Lalakai Foketi (5 Tests)

13. Jordan Petaia (27 Tests)

14. Mark Nawaqanitawase (6 Tests)

15. Andrew Kellaway (23 Tests)

Finishers

16. Matt Faessler (1 Test)

17. Blake Schoupp*

18. Zane Nonggorr (3 Tests)

19. Matt Philip (28 Tests)

20. Rob Leota (16 Tests)

21. Langi Gleeson (3 Tests)

22. Issak Fines-Leleiwasa*

23. Ben Donaldson (2 Tests)

*denotes uncapped
Don’t mind it near full strength starting side bar foketi and Suli, good to see Gleeson, Leota, Phillip etc. getting some game time

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would’ve started Gleeson (surprise) but I feel like this is the first team from Eddie that really makes sense. It’s got the first choice element sort of but also giving minutes to guys who haven’t seen it yet.

Their bench is insane, ours is poor. We will get slaughtered late.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
A stronger 15 then I was expecting, I'm guessing the bench will be cleared fairly early to manage some of the top line players minutes and get some more into the fringe guys though

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I would’ve started Gleeson (surprise) but I feel like this is the first team from Eddie that really makes sense. It’s got the first choice element sort of but also giving minutes to guys who haven’t seen it yet.

Their bench is insane, ours is poor. We will get slaughtered late.
I’m optimistic about our bench, Schoupp is a gun. Congrats on the debut. Philip & Leota will provide some hard shoulders in the last quarter.

fuck it, Donaldson to play a blinder.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Schoupp is a gun? Eh? Guy was a hooker playing 3rd grade just a few years ago, extremely inexperienced in his position, going up against a beast front row with Faessler and Nonggor. The scrum will be destroyed when the benches come on.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Schoupp is a gun? Eh? Guy was a hooker playing 3rd grade just a few years ago, extremely inexperienced in his position, going up against a beast front row with Faessler and Nonggor. The scrum will be destroyed when the benches come on.
Mauvaka is brilliant but their reserve props are average.

Linerunner2023

Jimmy Flynn (14)
About the strongest 15 we have and will have bar Kerevi and korobeti
The bench looks to be debuting a few guys and getting a run for a a few new players
Expect this to be close the the 15 with Kerevi and korobeti back
Then the bench for our strongest 23 to include slipper, uelese, pone, frost or Phillip, Leota, white, Donaldson only as they need someone who can cover 10 then 23 is open

Linerunner2023

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Your man Matt gibbon has been pushed back to 5th LH - 6th if Robertson was available
Maybe the Scott sio idea 32 with 70 test caps and 125kg frame wasn’t a bad idea as the next loosie
I’d have him in front of slipper atm

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Surprisingly pleased with the team, I don't doubt that we will likely get slaughtered but good to see that Eddie is clearly trying to get the combinations correct. Only thing I would change is White on for Issak, purely because i don't think Donaldson and Issak have ever played together before.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That's about as strong a side as we could put out right now and it's good to see Foketti and Gleeson get a run. France should be too strong, but they're also one of the RWC favourites, so that's as should be.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Surprisingly pleased with the team, I don't doubt that we will likely get slaughtered but good to see that Eddie is clearly trying to get the combinations correct. Only thing I would change is White on for Issak, purely because i don't think Donaldson and Issak have ever played together before.
So all the more reason to play them?

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Has to be close to the lowest represented Wallabies 23 from a Brumbies perspective in quite some time?

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
So all the more reason to play them?
You're telling me you would rather have Issak on the bench as opposed to White for the world cup games? We can afford to have an 'inexperienced' 9/10 combo for some of the pool stage matches but we can't for the Quarters or Semi's

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Yeah when better to play them than in a game Iike this and not a potential knockout stage clash
Portugal? Fiji? Literally any other match. This game is still extremely helpful and developing Donaldson + White's 9/10 combo against a quality side is a better option.