• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France v Wallabies (RWC Warm-up), 28/8 1.45AM AEST

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Need to get a win here heading into the WC, while France appear to be building momentum. I'd go closest to our first choice side as possible, apart from Kerevi still coming back from injury.

1 - Bell
2 - Porecki
3 - Tupou
4 - Frost
5 - Skelton
6 - Hooper
7 - McReight
8 - Valentini
9 - McDermott
10 - Gordon
11 - Korobiete
12 - Foketi
13 - Petaia
14 - Nawaqanitawase
15 - Kellaway

16 - Uelese
17 - Slipper
18 - Fa'amausili
19 - Arnold
20 - Gleeson
21 - White
22 - Donaldson
23 - Perese

Mike Bishop

Peter Burge (5)
Who else is a candidate for the 22 jersey? If Donaldson isn't picked, then who is the back up 10? McDermott? White?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Who else is a candidate for the 22 jersey? If Donaldson isn't picked, then who is the back up 10? McDermott? White?
It could actually be Kellaway, purely on the basis that he has the best rugby brain in the team and also the most composed. No idea who would kick for goals though, perhaps him as well, or if Gordon goes off so does Tate and White comes on.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
It could actually be Kellaway, purely on the basis that he has the best rugby brain in the team and also the most composed. No idea who would kick for goals though, perhaps him as well, or if Gordon goes off so does Tate and White comes on.
Kellaway is our starting full-back. End of discussion. You can't possibly think we have a chance against any team after the pool stage if we don't have Kellaway starting.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Kellaway is our starting full-back. End of discussion. You can't possibly think we have a chance against any team after the pool stage if we don't have Kellaway starting.
No I wasn’t suggesting he doesn’t start, only that he might be considered the other option at 10 outside Donaldson, in the case of an injury to Gordon during the game. However that then begs the question as to who the other 15 options are, Marky would be one, who else?

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
No I wasn’t suggesting he doesn’t start, only that he might be considered the other option at 10 outside Donaldson, in the case of an injury to Gordon during the game. However that then begs the question as to who the other 15 options are, Marky would be one, who else?
Donaldson. That's why he's in the no. 22 Jersey.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Just have Donaldson at 10, it's not the best but there's no other options
It’s a bit hard for Donaldson to be the option that’s not Donaldson. I know what your saying and I agree but the question is who is the back up 10 if either Gordon or Donaldson aren’t in the 23 for whatever reason.

Reactions: dru

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)

Yeah i agree, i would be shuffling players around. Can see Kellaway distributing at 10, Petaia to 15.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I have never seen Kellaway at 5/8. Big ask to play there in a World Cup. I personally think it’s Donaldson or no one as 22 in the present squad. He plays 10, 15 and kicks goals.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
I have never seen Kellaway at 5/8. Big ask to play there in a World Cup. I personally think it’s Donaldson or no one as 22 in the present squad. He plays 10, 15 and kicks goals.
Thats great until he or Carter get injured.... so thats why we are having this hypothetical discussion.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
He played there in school but yes it's a huge ask for the world cup. Foketi is another option. That way it allows for Kerevi and Petia/Perese to play in the centres and keeps kells at full-back.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
There is no need to make a mountain out of a molehill here, it’s purely just curiosity about what the plan is if Gordon or Donaldson are temporarily unavailable, specifically for the France warm up game. Presumably there is one, we are merely just discussing what it might be, and we may never find out. Permanently unavailable is a different story as they will bring someone in.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
There is no need to make a mountain out of a molehill here, it’s purely just curiosity about what the plan is if Gordon or Donaldson are temporarily unavailable, specifically for the France warm up game. Presumably there is one, we are merely just discussing what it might be, and we may never find out. Permanently unavailable is a different story as they will bring someone in.
I’m really not. I actually mistook this for wallabies thread. As dusk suggested above, Foketi may be the best option in this hypothetical situation. I can’t imagine EJ (Eddie Jones) not playing a backup 10 in a warm up game when he’s put all his eggs in the Gordon basket.

Last edited:

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I’m really not. I actually mistook this for wallabies thread. As dusk suggested above, Foketi may be the best option in this hypothetical situation. I can’t imagine EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) not playing a backup 10 in a warm up game when he’s put all his eggs in the Gordon basket.
That actually wasn’t directed at you personally sorry Drew, just that the intention of the conversation was being blown out of proportion