• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

France vs Bokke @ Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Pretty satisfying won. Bokke forwards is the best I have seen them since many moons ago. That one scrum was bloody awesome to watch and not something you'll ever see against the French. We dominate them physical and they look a bit like schoolboys vs men in the forward exchanges. Winning was the important one and surely the scoreline in the NH tests could have been much higher. Meyer have a good platform now and can only go better from here. The biggest improvement on the tour was our defense. If we had that against the All Blacks, we could have been at the top now.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Bokke supporters would be very confident about where Meyer has them 2 years out from RWC 2015. Things will only get better.

Imagine Twickenham 2015 final Bokke vs Black for Bill. The Ellis Park 2013 game will be like a toddlers game in comparison.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Pretty satisfied and only one real worry at this stage. Pienaar, Ruaan Pienaar is not test level and nearly cost us the test.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Re Pienaar there really is nobody else but he should have had a youngun on the bench for Scotland at least.

Bakkies. He is better now than ever. They thoroughly hate his arse in Paris which was fantastic.

Was worried with the line outs late in the game. Strauss couldn't find a jumper but it seems like we lost structure and the guys looked tired. This is where we miss Matfield late in the game. He used to start stealing more ball later in the game as he just got up higher than anyone. He also used to call all the ball in the last 15 minutes to himself because by that time his opposing jumper had usually given up. Flip could barely get his feet off the ground in the last 20 but I have to admit the guy has stepped up to play a great caretaker role at 5. Still only temporary for mine.

I hope the Stomps let Etsebeth call the line outs next year and jump at 5.

Either that or PSD just players storming season and keeps going at 5 like he did in the last two cc games

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
the diffirense between France and the Bokke showed in the test when PSdT connected the French wing in an excellent tackle. Klein Piet is a fantastic young talent and will be a Bok legend just like his oupa.

Baldric

Jim Clark (26)
Agree that we need to find an alternative to Pienaar. Not sure how much longer we can keep Du Preez going, he looks like an old man already, but the difference when he is playing is remarkable.
I am also disappointed that more up and coming players were not given a chance to play. But in the end I think it is a case of job done. Not attractive, but functional.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
What about Francois Hougaard? Surely he will be back in time for RWC15 and would be your long term option once fit?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
What about Francois Hougaard? Surely he will be back in time for RWC15 and would be your long term option once fit?
Yep he had a bit of a doos problem. Maybe he'll sort this crap out and will be back next year. Myself like the look of Reinach. If they give him enough time to settle in, he'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.