• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

French Barbarians v Australia, Thursday 24 November

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Assuming no more players get brought in, this would have to be the lineup or close to:

1. Ryan
2. Ready
3. Robertson
4. Skelton
5. Carter
6. Kimlin
7. Dempsey
8. Mowem
9. Frisby
10. Lance
11. Koroibete
12. Gerrard
13. Perese
14. Naiyaravoro
15. Kellaway

16. Charles
17. Lolohea
18. Fa'agase
21. Stirzaker

Edit: just read 5 more players from the Wallabies squad to be inlcuded

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Assuming no more players get brought in, this would have to be the lineup or close to:

1. Ryan
2. Ready
3. Robertson
4. Skelton
5. Carter
6. Kimlin
7. Dempsey
8. Mowem
9. Frisby
10. Lance
11. Koroibete
12. Gerrard
13. Perese
14. Naiyaravoro
15. Kellaway

16. Charles
17. Lolohea
18. Fa'agase
21. Stirzaker

Edit: just read 5 more players from the Wallabies squad to be inlcuded

They'll be the interesting and debatable ones

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Is this an A game, and the players get locked in, or because the Frenchies nominate their U20s it counts for jack shit and Tupou should be playing?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So, who are the likely 4 or 5 yet to join the Squad from Dublin?

Hanson (if fit); one or two of Mumm, Fardy and McMahon (if fit); two of Speight, Naivalu and Morahan? Seeing that 19 and 20 appear to need to cover lock and No 8, would that indicate Mumm and McMahon for Bordeaux?

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Brumby Runner - Looks like they had a plan all along and not stuff up the preparation for the ireland game.

Of course if McMahon and Cooper are injured then it may happen that someone has to double up but I doubt it.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Is this an A game, and the players get locked in, or because the Frenchies nominate their U20s it counts for jack shit and Tupou should be playing?

It's Wallabies XV not Australia A - no caps.

Thor isn't eligible under IRB residency rules until next October (I think).

I guess the IRB may still consider this some form of Australian rep side even without caps? Would not be the weirdest thing they have done.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
And they said its going be boardcasted as well.. Get in :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Fox article says its not being televised. That means someone will have set up a camera, or several, and then stream it somewhere. Who might be convinced to do that would be pure speculation, but I'm not holding my breath.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
can we assume from his absence that Toby Smith is now back in the main Wallabies selection - in for an out of form ? injured ? Slipper.
ps Gerrard much more likely to play on the wing and Perese and Naiyarvoro in the centres

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
My question is more around the lines of who and or what sets the selection criteria?

Given that it's neither a full international, nor an "A" fixture, why not call it "Australian Barbarians" rather than Australia XV and play Tupou.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The Fox article says its not being televised. That means someone will have set up a camera, or several, and then stream it somewhere. Who might be convinced to do that would be pure speculation, but I'm not holding my breath.
Bottom of one of the ARU articals said it was going to be broadcasted. Im staying positive.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
can we assume from his absence that Toby Smith is now back in the main Wallabies selection - in for an out of form ? injured ? Slipper.
ps Gerrard much more likely to play on the wing and Perese and Naiyarvoro in the centres

Smith is going home. Head clash with McMahon training before Paris test.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Yes, it's a (minor) setback for Tom. He's come a long way this year, and we mustn't forget Allan A'a'a'a's had more pro rugby than him. Personally, I hope one gets to wear the 18 jumper for the Irish test and the other for the Pommy one.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Good stuff. Does Mowen have any ref-whisperer abilities?
Mowens probably been the best ref whisper ive seen in oz.. He was some thinking wonderful for the Brumbies and Link saw him as good enough to get the wallabies job even with little test experience

Status
Not open for further replies.