• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

French Barbarians v Australia, Thursday 24 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
^^^^^^ Too true, unfortunately. But it must be fast approaching the time when absolutely necessary has passed, and we still seem to be maybe four of five players short, depending on injury situations.

It is a development game where teams play their b side against baa baa. I think bb you are personally rattling the cam a little too hard on this subject. We know your views on this but surely some more important things you could focus on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Mowens probably been the best ref whisper ive seen in oz.. He was some thinking wonderful for the Brumbies and Link saw him as good enough to get the wallabies job even with little test experience

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am looking forward to seeing players like gerard, Klimin and Mowen play in the wallaby jersey again.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I am looking forward to seeing players like gerard, Klimin and Mowen play in the wallaby jersey again.

Me too Kilmin and Mowen, I think are 2 who could come back and improve oz rugby.. Noodles Kilmin before he left was playing some of tge best rugby in oz..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It is a development game where teams play their b side against baa baa. I think bb you are personally rattling the cam a little too hard on this subject. We know your views on this but surely some more important things you could focus on.

I'm still waiting to see who fills the 4 or 5 bench spots that are still vacant. Had hoped to see Zack Holmes get a call up, but the French beat us. Not sure who Klimin and Kilman are, but I'm glad to see Peter Kimlin get a run, along with Ben Mowen. If there are no more rabbits to be pulled out of Cheika's hat, then there will be a few players from the main squad filling the bench.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
So, who are the likely 4 or 5 yet to join the Squad from Dublin?

Hanson (if fit); one or two of Mumm, Fardy and McMahon (if fit); two of Speight, Naivalu and Morahan? Seeing that 19 and 20 appear to need to cover lock and No 8, would that indicate Mumm and McMahon for Bordeaux?

Won't be Hanson as Ready and Charles are there. Presumably Hanson is still busted.

two of Mumm, Fardy & McMahon yes (2)
Will only be one of Speight, Naivalu & Morahan (1)
potentially one of Cooper & Godwin (1).

That's four. Not sure who the fifth would be.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
On players to join...

Hanson still injured I believe - looks like the have the front row covered anyway.
Agree with the thought 2 of Mcmahon, Mumm and Fardy - however I suspect just Fardy unfortunately... see last point.
Hopefully Speight joins them - Morahan deserves his chance to shine again agains Ireland.
My eagle eyes spotted Quade on the bus to Bordeaux on a mates snapchat who is also there. If not playing I suspect Godwin.
A more recent snapchat showed LFG with them as well.

If that comes to fruition I would think something like:
1. Ryan
2. Ready
3. Robertson
4. Skelton
5. Carter
6. Dempsey
7. LFG
8. Mowen
9. Frisby
10. Lance / QC (Quade Cooper)
11. Speight
12. Godwin / Lance
13. Perese
14. Naiyaravoro
15. Kellaway

16. Charles
17. Lolohea
18. Fa'agase
19. Fardy
20. Kimlin
21. Stirzaker
22. Gerard
23. Koroibete

I'd quite enjoy watching that team run around.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
My eagle eyes spotted Quade on the bus to Bordeaux on a mates snapchat who is also there. If not playing I suspect Godwin.

Wallabies posted a video yesterday with the proclamation they were at Dublin airport. QC (Quade Cooper) is clearly seen chatting with Larkham about halfway through.

He may well play, but he's not in Bordeaux!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
My eagle eyes spotted Quade on the bus to Bordeaux.....

At the risk of inflaming QC (Quade Cooper) supporters, Quade playing in this fixture is a positive thing in my book, he NEEDS game time. Imagine if Foley cops a head knock against Ireland (the Irish 5/8 did last test and he's out), the thought of Cooper lining up against the Poms with with no recent game time horrifies me. Good squad management by Cheika.

Fardy surely has to get a start wearing 6 against either Ireland or England. I won't bang on about this again.

Has Gill joined to troupe?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
News to me if LFG has joined the squad, but would be a bloody good pick if so.

Quade must be uncertain given the state of his ankle in the photo on Facebook last weekend. If he's fit, then there is a lot to be said about him getting good game time before the England test, but I'd be surprised then if he isn't on the bench v Ireland. If he's not fit or as speculated on his way to Bordeaux, then as far as I can see, Godwin must be on the bench v Ireland to cover 10, 12, 13. There is noone else outside Quade and Kyle for this role.

Despite the controversy surrounding his inclusion in the touring squad, I think Koriobete must start this match just so the coaches and fans can get a good idea of his capabilities.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Wallabies posted a video yesterday with the proclamation they were at Dublin airport. QC (Quade Cooper) is clearly seen chatting with Larkham about halfway through.

He may well play, but he's not in Bordeaux!

Well perhaps I'm more blind as a bat then! Probably should have started that statement with "i think mw eagle eye...."

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
In the article about JOC (James O'Connor) last week it was said that Toulon would not be releasing players for this game. I'm not saying that means Gill isn't playing in it, I'm just mentioning it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
On Koroibete from the SMH

The fixture will be Marika Koroibete's first game in an Australian jersey and Cheika believes the former Melbourne Storm winger has slowly found his voice and feet over the course of the tour.
"He didn't say a word the first week; a few words the second week and a few more words the third week," Cheika said.
"That's pretty much gone in line with his training. A bit unsure at first, trying to pick his running lines, picking up the team's shape. Second week; starting to get a few more inside lines off the 10 or getting out off the nine and then the third week starting to feel relatively comfortable.
"We're looking forward to seeing him play. Him and Taqele [Naiyaravoro] on either wing should be an interesting prospect.
"Throw him into the fire and I'm sure he'll deal with it. But I feel like [in] the three weeks he's just felt more comfortable and more comfortable with his teammates as well. He's getting to know a whole lot of new guys. It will be a good experience for him."

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
In the article about JOC (James O'Connor) last week it was said that Toulon would not be releasing players for this game. I'm not saying that means Gill isn't playing in it, I'm just mentioning it.

In the (very) few Toulon games I've seen recently he's been playing quite well also so I imagine they would be reluctant to release him if they didn't have to. They are generally not that keen to release players even when they do have to so it would seem unlikely. If he has been seen with them though, that would be cool. Love watching that guy play!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Just spoke with ARU
Game on rugby.com.au
Funny thing is the commentary is in French but they are trying to find something in English

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom