• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spooony

And one ting I learned from fantasy games is that a injured player is like wet toilet paper. If you do get them change them.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Guys aside from who I picked are there any obvious stuff ups here?
Untitled.jpg

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Guys aside from who I picked are there any obvious stuff ups here?
View attachment 2023
Off the top of my head I'd probably lose AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Conrad Smith as both are carrying a niggle. Also, you might want to change Pyle on your bench, that way if there's a late pull out from Eaton or Whitelock you'll still earn some points.

Also, Ashley Johnson is shit (just my opinion, he may still earn you points) ;)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ashley Johnson is not starting and Treeby is not playing.. come on it's not hard to look up team lists ;)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Yeah I wouldn't pick Ellis, JdV, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) or Conrad Smith. All are good players but tend not to score too well at Fantasy as they don't take the ball to the line often enough and don't break enough tackles.

That said all of them will probably have belters this week and make me look like an idiot. So I'd wait until a couple more people agree with me.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
One thing I have noticed is that the first week in fantsay is pure luck. And then you improve from there.

Don't feel to bad Sully. You winn probably win!

S

spooony

I was like last with the EPL fantasy league. 4 Weeks later I was third. Key is not to chop and change too much as you replace a player and it backfires. Happens a lot

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think people are neglecting their bench too much. I can tell you right now that they will definitely come into play throughout the season, you only get 3 transfers and whilst you can plan ahead often you will find you cannot get rid of enough players that won't play. Benches are critical and it's about finding those decent players who cost little.

After about a thousands changes finally decided on these guys

yPyEL.png

Guy

Frank Nicholson (4)
I would be surprised if Benn Robinson will make the 60 min mark.
yeah... i think kepu is very ineffective in the last 20 minutes, and was hoping foley would make that change... but you are right, this will be about fitness and protecting benn robinson...

might have a look around i think...

thanks for the feedback (or are you just colluding against the enemy?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.