• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Question:
Are you supposed to keep some cash in reserve?
I just spent every red cent

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Here's what I currently have. Not long left, so it'll probably stay. $150k left over, but a weak bench.

fr_wk1.png

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Stannard is my smokey, fairly cheap too at $225k and should rack up more points than most scrum halves as he's at five-eighth. He might also be the Force kicker, too - not too sure who else in that backline could kick other than Sheehan.

Nick White could be interesting if he's the Brumbies...assuming the Brumbies get chances to kick goals, that it.

edit: My Reds bias also shone through with my selection of Slipper. I know I'll regret it if he gets subbed instead of Daley for Holmes, but he and Daley have a very high work rate around the park, and Slipper will get penalised less than Daley. I also considered Fat Cat and Alexander, but the former will probably also get subbed early and not yet be at his best, and the latter has a bye next week.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
@ Ash

I have exactly the same back 6 as you including Money Bill as captain.

On that note, I hope your backs score you lots of fantasy points!

Reactions: Ash

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Joe Mac the only suggestion I would have is have a non-Brumby on the bench in the second row. Reason being the Brumbies have a bye next week so it will use up a transfer.

My bench pick was Juandre Kruger from the Bulls for 75k.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Good idea Barbarian, thanks. I have 100k left in the bank so i might try and spend up on a decent lock

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
I ended up opting for Krueger (thanks for the tip baa baa) so i can keep my 100k in case of injury. Im a little worried about an injury to an inside back and having no cash to replace on of my two 75k players...

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
I've changed it a number of times but my team is finally ready.

1. Pek Cowan (FOR)
2. Bismarck Du Plessis (SHA)
3. Sekope Kepu (WAR)
4. Andries Bekker (STO)
5. Peter Kimlin (BRU)
6. Schalk Burger (STO)
7. Matt Todd (CRU)
8. Jack Lam (HUR)
9. Sarel Pretorius (WAR)
10. Mike Harris (RED)
11. Rene Ranger (BLU)
12. Doppies La Grange (LIO)
13. Sonny Bill-Williams (CHI)
14. Digby Ioane (RED)
15. Israel Dagg (CRU)

16. Dale Chadwick (SHA)
17. Callie Visagie (LIO)
18. Juandre Kruger (BUL)
19. Marcel Coetzee (SHA)
20. Nick White (BRU)
21. Michael Hobbs (BLU)
22. Tom Kingston (WAR)

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I've seen quite a bit of interest in Doppies La Grange. Is he that good or does he just rack up a heap of points? I'm not convinced.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Question. If one of my players gets injured does the price drop dramatically when I try to sell them? (possibly going to regret having Horne on my bench)

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I've seen quite a bit of interest in Doppies La Grange. Is he that good or does he just rack up a heap of points? I'm not convinced.

He racked up some nice points in some games last year. Was fairly consistent as well.

Question. If one of my players gets injured does the price drop dramatically when I try to sell them? (possibly going to regret having Horne on my bench)

The values change slowly, so they may see a dramatic fall over the season, but it will be slow and steady. Don't expect large fluctuations in price week to week - it doesn't happen.

Oh, regarding Money Bill, he made huge points last year thanks to how offloads and tackle breaks are scored. He does rather well for both, especially as he doesn't lose points for rubbish offloads (in fact, he still earns points even for the completely shite ones, so long as they don't go forward).

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)

Racks up points in fantsay. As was said in the ten commandments - don't pick the best team, pick the highest points makers. Or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.