• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Rugby Competition 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
The only reason I'm a bit worried about Money is his boxing training - he hasn't had anything close to a full preseason. That, and it's a very different game playing outside Cruden than it is Carter. Of course, now I don't pick him he'll go on and score 80.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Carter didn't play half of last season either and Money Bill had no problems. We'll see, I guess.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Even with his issues I think you'd be silly not to pick SBW. One of the few players last season who consistently scored big points, and he is playing against a pretty weak centre pairing.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
Well I have joined up never having tried this before. So I have probably made some shocking rookie mistakes.

Ben Alexander, Wyatt Crockett - Dale Chadwick
Bismarck du Plessis - Ged Robinson
Rob Simmons, Jason Eaton - Craig Clarke
Jerome Kaino, Ita Vaea, Adam Thompson - Chris Alcock
Sarel Pretorious - Chris Eaton
Morne Steyn (c), Micheal Hobbs, Doppies La Grange - Tyler Bleyendal
Renee Ranger, Gio Aplon , Digby Ioane - Tom Kingston

Any advice would most welcome.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
That team looks pretty good to me PP!

My only advice would be to ditch Rob Simmons, as he isn't much of a ballrunner and hence doesn't score too many points. Horwill is a much better option from the Reds, although he is a bit more expensive.

S

spooony

I've seen quite a bit of interest in Doppies La Grange. Is he that good or does he just rack up a heap of points? I'm not convinced.

La Grange has been dogged by injury throughout his career. He did make a strong comeback since 2008 but being 30 now it won't suprise me if he does not finish the series. For me he is a bit of a risk

S

spooony

Crap XV 3.0 Final Cut (hopefully)

Attachments

• fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 181

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
1. JC Janse van Rensburg
2. B du Plessis
3. W Crockett
4. K Douglas
5. S Whitelock
6. A Thompson
7. J Lam
8. L Messam
9. W Genia
10. M Harris
11. D Ioane (C)
12. E Jantjies
13. R Kahui
14. I Dagg
15. L Morahan

Res: N Charles, D Palmer,A Bresler, C Lowrey, N White, M Hobbs, T Kingston

Done with 150K in the bank. Didn't want to spend big on locks so no Bekker. Felt a couple of better backrowers would score better. Maybe too many Reds but one of Beale or Biebs will come in next week

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Last year the locks, props and generally half back (with a few exceptions) were the lowest scorers in the team, and thus were worth scrimping a little on to spend more on the flankers and other backs. With the new changes, props and locks should score a little more, but it remains to be seen how much.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone have fruen? I picked Rene over him but was probably the wrong option. Curious as to how many points him and dagg picked up. I know the points aren't finalised yet but still want to know. What a belter of a game though. Good way to start the season. Anyone see who got that chargedown? Game saver.

Guy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Anyone have fruen?

was just about to ask that very same question... i had him and dagg, but then got rid of fruen... hes far too inconsistent. ill be interested ot see what points he racks up...

whitelock would have scored a few points.... he was everywhere :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.