• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
***NEWS FLASH***

the G&GR Fantasy League is up and running!!

to join is simple. create your team first (if you impatient bastards haven't already), go to the leagues tab in the menu bar, then click on the create/join tab.

we are a private league, so you'll need this code to join: 1099-1359

type that in and you should be sweet. report back with any problems, and thanks for your patience!

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
moses posted a link from a "getting started" article i wrote last year, but i haven't figured out what differences there are this year with 15 teams and if the points set up is any different, but at first glance it looks about the same. here it is again http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/ggr-fantasy-league-basics/

and thanks to this year's sponsor RaboBank (i assume) there are some sweet ass prizes:

from foxsports website
There are a total of 21 Weekly Prizes (one for each game round), 1 Fantasy Cup Prize and 1 Overall Prize.

Overall Prize: The participant with the highest total number of points at the end of the competition will win A$10,000.

Weekly Prizes: Each participant who scores the highest number of points during a single game round will win A$1,000. Note - the winner of a game round is not the participant with the highest cumulative total points up to the end of that game round; but rather the participant who scores the highest number of points during that single game round.

Fantasy Cup Prize: The winner of the Fantasy Cup will win A$1,000.

sadly, only permanent residents of australia can win their prizes (aka not me. still hurts....)

however, G&GR will be providing some sort of prize to our own league winner as well (prize to be determined) so there's a lot to play for.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
and in response to the 13 as inside/outside back, this is in the comp. literature:

This squad must consist of:
3 props - positions 1 & 3 with one reserve
2 hookers - position 2 with one reserve
3 locks - position 4 & 5 with one reserve
4 backrows - positions 6, 7 & 8 with one reserve
2 scrum halves - position 9 with one reserve
4 inside backs - positions 10, 12 & 13 with one reserve
4 outside backs - positions 11, 14 & 15 with one reserve

so who knows what they're thinking. i think last year they had some guys out of position too and other little defects, but once they're in the system you can't change it. so my guess is they'll stay either as inside or outside backs as they're categorized now.

R

ryan225

hey boys im new here but not new to fantasy i have been playing it for 4 years
i was just wondering if you guys like the new format of the 5500 K
not the usual format of 100 units
and do you guys think that the prices for players this year are really hefty
except for some players from the rebels who are a bargain

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
Some interesting prices there... Tom Carter is worth as much as Giteau and Nonu.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Thats because Tom Carter becomes 50% more dynamic when he wears the head band.

Puts him right up there with the greats of today

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Tom is a pretty bankable fantasy player - makes and doesn't miss tackles, doesn't give away penalties or get sent off like Nonu, does find the try line from time to time, good chance of try assists with Horne outside him..

Giteau I'd have thought could go for more if he's going to be kicking for the Ponies.
And they've listed Kurtley Beale as an inside back..

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Just looking at the draw and thinking how to best manage this.
Week 4, 8, 10, 13, 14 and 15 will be tough with 3 teams on byes each...

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Just looking at the draw and thinking how to best manage this.
Week 4, 8, 10, 13, 14 and 15 will be tough with 3 teams on byes each...

if you look in the rules section you'll see that you're allowed 4 transfers those weeks instead of the usual 3

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
That'll help a bit, but still 3 teams dropping out will need some careful forward planning and judicious use of the bench. Weeks 13, 14 and 15 in particular with 9 teams taking the bye in three weeks will be tough with 4 transfers

R

ryan225

325 K for gits i think is a reasonable price considering if hes playing at 10 this year he is a very basic player at 10 and does the little things right and dosent get rewarded for them through fantasy
but if he plays 12 hes a bargain cause hes more dynamic and if adam ahley cooper playes 13 you will see alot of assist going gits way

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
hey just a thought but im sure we are all gunna be in the greenandgold league but also competing against other mates>>
how bout we set up a forum thread that would offer injury info and bye info?
jus thinkin cause i noticed that sharpe is good value cept i believe he is gunna miss the start of the s15?
if noone else hits it ill try remember to set it up before it starts--

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm curious, is Weepu injured for the start of the season?

I know Ali Williams won't be so I've put him in my squad :)

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
That'll help a bit, but still 3 teams dropping out will need some careful forward planning and judicious use of the bench. Weeks 13, 14 and 15 in particular with 9 teams taking the bye in three weeks will be tough with 4 transfers

I apply the theory that for your bench player in each position you want a average player that will start for his Super team over a good player that won't every time.

R

ryan225

i am creating a website with all info on fantasy and injury updates ill give you the link one im done

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Never played Fantasy Rugby before....

If I have a player on my bench who is in the starting 15, does he still earn points??

Status
Not open for further replies.