• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think last year, the salary cap was 110 and the highest priced player was 10.

This year the salary cap is 5550 K and the highest player is 475K.

Yeah it's a bit much. At first I picked a team of players who I think will play above their cost then I realised I had enough money to afford heaps of Super stars.

I picked a starting team beyond my wildest desires and a bench of players who will almost certainly start this year (and could potentially play good footy) and I still had 50k left over.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
With the Stormers on bye in Round 1 do you have Bekker or Louw on the bench or transfer them in after Round 1?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
It'd be great if people in the league could add their G&GR nickname to either their team's name or their name!

It'd really help any trash talk that might take place here.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
It'd be great if people in the league could add their G&GR nickname to either their team's name or their name!

It'd really help any trash talk that might take place here.

i second that. if you want a specific team name that's fine. but as you can see with my entry, you can change your first/last name to be more like a user name that matches G&GR. changing one or both certainly helps keep track of who is who in the comp

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Seeing as I'll be playing with mates as well my team name is The Enforcers and my name is my name.

Though I'm sure the people of G&G will find that pretty self explanatory.

Searsy

Herbert Moran (7)
Well I was pretty damn proud of my cat pumpers until I realised it was littered with farking Stormers players who will be out for round one. I've given myself an uppercut and gone back to the drawing board.

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
I've gone big in some positions and I am left depleted in others. I'm sure there will be a few changes between now and Friday. Can't wait.
Props
Woodcock
Slipper
Weeks
Locks
Ross
O'Neill
Sykes
Back Row
Pocock
Hodgson
Latimer
Levave
1/2
Genia
Eaton
Inside Backs
Cooper
Beale
Vuna
Sopoaga
Outside Backs
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Chambers
Fruean
Payne

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
new post on the blog, but you boys sound like you're well on you way so it may not concern you http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/ggr-super-rugby-fantasy-comp-2011/

and yes, you're right that coleman and samo are missing. i saw ezra taylor is still in the listing and i wondered if they meant to put samo. these might get updated as the team sheets roll in for the 1st round or shortly thereafter. fox is sometimes slow in updating their databases.

cheers

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
pretty happy, have a stating team now that are all starting.

Remind me, bench players don't score points right?

just really waiting for Blues, Reds and Force to be named. Probably will have to drop Higgers.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Coleman has been added, a bargain at $200K. Allows me to throw in Morne Steyn, who will no doubt pick up a bucketload of points against the Lions. Digby rounds out a dynamic and no doubt prolific midfield.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Coleman has been added, a bargain at $200K. Allows me to throw in Morne Steyn, who will no doubt pick up a bucketload of points against the Lions. Digby rounds out a dynamic and no doubt prolific midfield.

At the moment I have QC (Quade Cooper), Steyn and Nonu and hoping to take advantage of easy Round 1 matchups.

Only thing I'm really tossing up is whether to have Genia in my team. I can save 125K and improve 2 or 3 other positions if I drop him for FDP.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Fantasy is all about knowing where your bread is buttered. Its all about back row, inside backs and outside backs. The rest is trivia. The difference between FDP and Genia will be minimal- 10-20 points at most. But with the extra cash you can pull in a guy like Hosea Gear at the back, who could well score 30 or 40 points more than a cheaper alternative. Or David Pocock in the back row for that matter.

For the tight five I just buy the cheapest players I can who are starting that weekend- they won't have a star next to their name at the end of the round, but with good game time they shouldn't be too far behind even if they do nothing special. I reckon the value pick this week is Reddish from the Canes- starting at 6, listed at lock on Foxsports and only $75K. Yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.