• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudebudstud

Ward Prentice (10)
I messed up big time! For some reason I thought I had to pick a team for the entire playoffs and I chose 5 Reds players for this week! I'll get nothing out of them this week.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well as I said I took a punt on Holmes and as they say it was an 'epic failure' (on my part for choosing him), picking Tom Carter (40pts) instead of Brett was a master stroke.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I totally forgot to organise my side after doing the transfers but it turned out ok. Only Mealamu and Lambie (who ended up on the bench) out scored their position on the XV.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Well as I said I took a punt on Holmes and as they say it was an 'epic failure' (on my part for choosing him), picking Tom Carter (40pts) instead of Brett was a master stroke.

Wouldn't say an epic failure. Your other choices were McLeod 6, Matthewson 14, Ellis 3. Although I thought he had a disastrous game, Fox gave Holmes 13 so OK call. Great minds thought alike on Carter T; the other Carter I had needs to lift his game a bit though (for Fantasy anyway).

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Daley, Crockett (Malherbe)
Mealamu (Hanson)
Louw, Eistadt (Simmons)
L.Braid, Burger, Robinson (Todd)
Genia (Duvenage)
Carter, Ioane, Cooper *C* (Grant)
Fruen, Payne, Bill-Williams (Morahan)

Fingers crossed that Ioane has a blinder cause he cost me 400k+

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wouldn't say an epic failure. Your other choices were McLeod 6, Matthewson 14, Ellis 3. Although I thought he had a disastrous game, Fox gave Holmes 13 so OK call. Great minds thought alike on Carter T; the other Carter I had needs to lift his game a bit though (for Fantasy anyway).

Well thats good to hear. Dan Carter is certainly being quiet by his usual Fantasy standards. I'm bringing in Genia and Diggers (who I'm sure is due to come back), anyone going to take a punt on Caleb Ralph? Maitland was good but Robbie and Zac had quite games (once again I'm talking by Fantasy standards).

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
At the moment

Daley, Franks
Mealamu
Bekker, Horwill
Robinson, Burger, Kaino
Genia
Cooper, Carter, Ioane
SBW, Guilford, Ranger

I look pretty light in the backrow but wanted notable heavy hitters in Ranger (especially in the centres) and Diggers in my team.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
My current team is disturbingly similar to hench's, with only 2 differences in the forwards (Robinson on the bench for Burgo, and Luke Braid in for Kaino), and one change in the backs (Fruean in for Ranger, but I am looking to swap Fruean).

The funny thing is, when I did a quick first cut of players I was at -300k!

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Daley, Crockett [Shepherdson]
Mealamu [Hanson]
Bekker, Williams [Romano]
L Braid, Higgers, Burger [Gill]
Genia [Morland]
Qwade, Fourie, Diggers (C) [Marshall]
SBW, Guildford, Payne [Munro]

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just noticed that Stormers No8 for today Nick Koster is listed as an outside back in the fantasy team comp...wtf?

Francois Louw is playing on the side of the scrum but is listed as a lock so have slotted him in my team.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Louw's been a lock all year. Good value

Koster is an outside back, he's genuine played there before. A Scott Higginbotham type.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Light - my loosies were the same as you (Burger, Luke Braid, Robinson, Todd on the bench), until recently.

I have shuffled my loosies - figured Robinson won't last more than 60 minutes. Kaino, Luke Braid, and Burger are now my flankers. Seriously considering dumping Luke Braid too as he may be subbed early for his brother. To get the money I had to replace all my reserves with 70k random players!

Status
Not open for further replies.