• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR gets ARU Media Accreditation!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Guys - we're legit!

Through Juan Cote, G&GR now has ARU media Accreditation. JC's going to be covering the Ities in Canberra as well as the Bledisloe game in Sydney, no doubt scrabbling over the same pies and free piss as Growden et al, as well as getting along to press conferences, training sessions etc.

If anyone has any ideas how to make the most of our new status stick em below.

Other wise - well done JC!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That's awesome. The Italy game will be of interest to many because of the Gower factor. Nice Juan/one.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So Juan, can we direct questions to you on the blog to ask Growden in between shovelling pies down his gob? You know, "BBQ or tomato?", "Curry or just the plain beef?" "One in each hand?"...

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Lindommer said:
And how many mates can you take...? ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, there are spots open for G&GR correspondents in all states outside of Queensland.

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
Does this mean anything for us expat G&GRers?

If this grand slam tour goes ahead, I think we'll need some kind of G&GR presence up north :thumb

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
jason said:

If this grand slam tour goes ahead, I think we'll need some kind of G&GR presence up north :thumb

That's just why I asked. I am resident in Tokyo.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
And how many G&GR mates can you put up in Tokyo, Biffo? Could you take the Yellow Scarf Alcoholics Club?

We'll be quiet, I promise. :p :p :p

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Biffo said:
jason said:

That's just why I asked. I am resident in Tokyo.

Biffo - consider the Tokyo slot yours.

This whole thing is kinda new to us so there is some bureaucracy to figure out (ARU etc), which might take a little time.

For anyone interested - a few points:

Getting accreditation means getting access to media functions (like press conferences) and possibly press box tickets (no guarantees as they can run out of slots and we're probably gonna be toward the bottom of the list).

Having said that, Juan has got to every Reds game (poor bugger) gratis in the press box this season and the press conference afterwards.

Very important: it's not just a free ticket and pissup. You will be the sole representative of G&GR, so if you act like a joker then the whole gig gets canceled for everyone else (along with your welcome round these parts!). So no getting shitfaced and telling Growden what you think of him, or telling Robbie what's wrong with the gameplan!

Also - you gotta actually do something. I.e.: take a laptop / recorder / note pad and get a story. We can talk more about that closer to the time.

Finally - just remember, if you go to a match you won't be sitting with your mates doing the usual beer snakes / mexican waves, it's a different type of experience altogether - solo (although you can of course meet them in the pub after and brag)

Hope that hasn't put everyone off! I'm hoping to do a few up this end of the planet on Euro tour, but if anyone else is interested (e.g. Jason) there will be more than enough going on to share around I'm sure.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Gagger said:
Very important: it's not just a free ticket and pissup. You will be the sole representative of G&GR, so if you act like a joker then the whole gig gets canceled for everyone else (along with your welcome round these parts!). So no getting shitfaced and telling Growden what you think of him, or telling Robbie what's wrong with the gameplan!

Well that should cut down the number of....er...correspondents.

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
Gagger said:
Hope that hasn't put everyone off! I'm hoping to do a few up this end of the planet on Euro tour, but if anyone else is interested (e.g. Jason) there will be more than enough going on to share around I'm sure.

Best behaviour, promise. Could try to involve Vicks as well. Have met him at various rugby events around uni and I'm sure he'd have some interesting insights.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Congrats.

Can I give you a message to pass on to Growden. Just a little left hook or two, nothing too rude. ;D

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Blue said:
Congrats.

Can I give you a message to pass on to Growden. Just a little left hook or two, nothing too rude. ;D

I'll cover the Sydney tests. I promise to share my toxic farts with Mr Growden !

Status
Not open for further replies.