• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

G&GR RWC Fantasy League

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
My starting hooker is Bismark & one of my props is the beast & both of them are benched, I hope they get on & have some game time. Also with Alridge on not even playing its looking ugly.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
lol I forgot to change my captain before the deadline. (my own lazyness, no good excuse)

So i'm left with 9 point Cory Jane instead of 60 point Kahui. Still i reckon my team will cope this round, most players have done alright.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Thanks to Kahui, Kaino and Nonu I have charged up the rankings to take top spot! Am sitting in the top 10 for the round so hopefully can make a run for the 200 big ones.

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
Looks like my good start might be coming to an end with 15 of my team not pulling on the boots in round 3 and another two on the bench! with only 4 transfers available Todds Turkeys may very well live up to their name....

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I cannot believe that with only 4 backs starting I managed to go up from 32 to 30 in the GAGR league. There must have been some people get badly hit by injuries or non-picks (I'm looking at you mils and dagg).

On a side note i took secret delight in noticing a case of art imitating life. If you go to the overall dream team http://rwcfantasy.foxsports.com.au/dreamteam/ (don't know if you have to be signed in for that link to work) you'll notice there's five all blacks in Jerome Kaino (87), Ma'a Nonu (99), Richard Kahui (152), Isaia Toeava (86) and Sonny Bill Williams (82). Given that at this stage of the game you can only pick three from any team I chuckled at the fact that even in fantasy land Money Bill can't make the the cut. hahahaha

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
Looks like my good start might be coming to an end with 15 of my team not pulling on the boots in round 3 and another two on the bench! with only 4 transfers available Todds Turkeys may very well live up to their name....

I feel for you Todd. Especially after you smashed me in our head to head league this week....kidding, but seriously.

Well my bizarre need to make things harder for myself and make my picks ridiculously early in the round stays true to form (unlike the wallabies). Some picks look strange but believe me it's the best I could do, I was amazed I even managed to get 14 players on the park after having to get rid of Contepomi, Dagg and Ioane and bench Carter through injury.

1. Hubert Buydens CAN
2. Huw Bennett WAL
3. Sona Taumalolo TON
4. Danie Rossouw SA
5. Paul O'Connell IRE - Not playing
6. Sam Warburton WAL
7. Todd Clever USA
8. Heinrich Brüssow SA
9. Will Genia AUS
10. Jonny Wilkinson ENG
11. James O'Connor AUS Capt.
12. Manu Tuilagi ENG
13. Morne Steyn SA
14. Chris Ashton ENG (As much as it pains me to pick him)
15. Kurtley Beale AUS

16. Mike Ross IRE
17. Sunia Koto FIJ
18. Seko Kalou FIJ
19. Jerome Kaino NZL
20. Mike Petri USA
21. Daniel Carter NZL
22. Napolioni Nalaga FIJ

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Thanks to Kahui, Kaino and Nonu I have charged up the rankings to take top spot! Am sitting in the top 10 for the round so hopefully can make a run for the 200 big ones.

Depsite having the second highest score in head to head comp overall this week, I had to play you this week! Bah...

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Lucky I had Bismark DP as my bench hooker to Moore...and he got highest score of all hookers in the second round!

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Just incase people have forgotten or didn't realise you need to make your transfers for round three today.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Missed the window. fuckity fuck fuck. I have three Kiwi's starting, Tincu at 2, an Irish and Fijian backline.

Well there goes my chances.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Lucky I had Bismark DP as my bench hooker to Moore...and he got highest score of all hookers in the second round!

I had Bismark too. I was lucky in that I also had the Beast who started on the bench then came on & got a try. Very lucky there.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
i've been moving across the USA and starting a new job the past few weeks and i can't believe how fast these deadlines come up. haven't made one of them yet.

kind of crazy when the transaction deadline is before the previous round has been finalized.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
i've been moving across the USA and starting a new job the past few weeks and i can't believe how fast these deadlines come up. haven't made one of them yet.

kind of crazy when the transaction deadline is before the previous round has been finalized.

Every Monday so far there have been no games. It would have made sense to make the splits each Monday so you get nearly 48 hours to rejig the team.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Every Monday so far there have been no games. It would have made sense to make the splits each Monday so you get nearly 48 hours to rejig the team.

Unfortunately not, it couldn't work as there would have been too many teams doubling up in a fantasy round then...it's already the case in round 4 where Romania appears twice...I don't know how the admininstrators will treat points scored by their players in two games that round...I've got one in already and will probably put in one or two more!

AkRiD

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think I've all but given up on this one.

Too much fiddling and not enough time on my hands to handle all the transfers + research.
Don't know how much of a success this fantasy tourny will be by the end.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Bloody hell!!!! Robbie Deans has screwed my Fantasy team big time.....I've got Beale, Genia and Rocky....Beale as Capt.

Status
Not open for further replies.