• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

George Smith to sign with Australian Super Rugby team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

how good is this video? I love the comment on youtube, "As an openside, I watch this for inspiration before every game."

you can definitely see Pocock has lost some of bulk

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Exactly. Pocock never surpassed him. Deans just replaced him on potential. Has only assisted the limited Australian game plan.

6.5? ACT Crusader you are kidding yourself. This bloke basically invented the pilfering flanker.

The 6.5 comment is based on how I've seen him play over the last couple of years. He's played quite different to the last time he pulled on a Wallaby or Ponies jersey. His game has changed. He spends more time out in the line rather than hovering around the contact areas. He plays a linking role in attack. He also upped the level of distribution, which is understandable as one ages - you don't always want to be the one getting smashed anymore :).

Like I said the guy has huge amounts of skill which any team would envy. But he's going to be playing behind or beside the test number 7. Talk of him taking The brumbies star recruit and the 2012 Wallaby captain is just fat fetched for even me

P

Paradox

The 6.5 comment is based on how I've seen him play over the last couple of years. He's played quite different to the last time he pulled on a Wallaby or Ponies jersey. His game has changed. He spends more time out in the line rather than hovering around the contact areas. He plays a linking role in attack. He also upped the level of distribution, which is understandable as one ages - you don't always want to be the one getting smashed anymore :).

Like I said the guy has huge amounts of skill which any team would envy. But he's going to be playing behind or beside the test number 7. Talk of him taking The brumbies star recruit and the 2012 Wallaby captain is just fat fetched for even me

Totally agree, we may see him on the bench as part of a rotation policy. Mind you, Eddie the Eyebrow said this:

''George is a special player. He's fitter, stronger and faster than when he left, I've got not doubt about it."

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Oh and looking forward to seeing Smith run around again on Aus soil too. Was one of my favourite players. The guy is a natural football player, as opposed to natural athlete in my book.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
His strength is his awareness and technique. People can get strong, people can become fast, just by training. But it takes years at the highest level to gain the awareness and technique that Smith has. But if he can't give that to Pocock and Fainga'a, maybe he can point them in the right direction?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Smith on whether he'd sign for another Australian team 'I'd think about it for a mili second then reject it'

Status
Not open for further replies.