• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

GPS schoolboy rowing 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
Questions, questions. Is there a senior regatta next Saturday or do Kings have a week where they don't need to worry about foxing? if Kings are to win the HOTR as many seem to predict, will they be the least raced crew in the history of the AAGPS? I know Kings have the fastest time of the year but they just knocked off Joeys that day who raced with unexpected last minute crew changes (when it would have been easier to hide / fox).

I know Kings have the fastest time of the year but they just knocked off Joeys that day who raced with unexpected last minute crew changes (when it would have been easier to hide / fox).
What do you mean they just knocked off Joeys? 4 seconds is not an insignificant amount . And I wouldn't say that a one man substitution in the Joey's crew is the boat stopping 'last minute crew change' you pretend it is.

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
What do you mean they just knocked off Joeys? 4 seconds is not an insignificant amount . And I wouldn't say that a one man substitution in the Joey's crew is the boat stopping 'last minute crew change' you pretend it is.
hmm, I appear to have struck a nerve. I guess we will see how the strategy of preparing for a race by not racing works in a few weeks.

ReluctantRower

Allen Oxlade (6)
The 2022 Kings VIII was inconsistent at best with their racing throughout the season, often scratching or not even winning. However, they still came through with a glorious victory over shore in iron cove. A fond memory that lives rent free in my head. Go Kings.

RR

AroundTheAnkles

Dave Cowper (27)
The 2022 Kings VIII was inconsistent at best with their racing throughout the season, often scratching or not even winning. However, they still came through with a glorious victory over shore in iron cove. A fond memory that lives rent free in my head. Go Kings.

RR
Look, everyone knows Kings worked very hard on race craft in ‘22. I don’t think the dark arts they practiced that year will be of any help in ‘24

Kings Rugby DAD

Frank Row (1)
Can we get serious thoughts on how ridiculous it is that the kings first 8 have only rowed at 2 regattas not back in my day being a kings old boy.

-KRD

Status
Not open for further replies.