• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Grats Quade

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gregan

I think its exactly what they need to stand a chance against the lions. Quades unpredictable decisions and willingness to take risks may just work out well for them. Very keen on watching this game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Won't be long before the cross border sniping missives start and the thread goes virally toxic over any one of the previous indiscretions of QC (Quade Cooper), the past and future of Dingo, why Link should be Wobs coach, how many Wobs come from the 8th placed franchise, or the divvy up of GST revenue between NSW and QLD.

Before that happens, let me add my congratulations and sincere hopes that he discharges his duties as Captain diligently.

It is a rare privilege to be chosen as Captain of your State team, especially against International opponents.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
After all the hijacking of various threads I thought it only fair to create one that might stay on topic or at least about the subject of the topic.

Anyways after all the bullshit I think Quade deserves a formal rap for the honour from those of us at G&GR. So there we go.

And I say again, well done Quade.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
After all the hijacking of various threads I thought it only fair to create one that might stay on topic or at least about the subject of the topic.

Anyways after all the bullshit I think Quade deserves a formal rap for the honour from those of us at G&GR. So there we go.

And I say again, well done Quade.

Shouldn't take long to get to 1000 posts.

Well done Quade. We'll be there screaming for you and your Reds. Lead them with pride.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Maybe we should close the JOC (James O'Connor) club thread? Or the smith for wallabies thread. Get over yourselves.

Congratulations Quade Cooper.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I, for one, applaud the creation of a new Quade thread. I fully expect this one to defend in the line and create opportunities for the threads outside it. At the same time, I'm hoping there won't be any multi-page brain explosions and that the small errors of fact will be eliminated. If that happens, this thread could be one of the first selected in the Scarf awards for thread of the year.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I, for one, applaud the creation of a new Quade thread. I fully expect this one to defend in the line and create opportunities for the threads outside it. At the same time, I'm hoping there won't be any multi-page brain explosions and that the small errors of fact will be eliminated. If that happens, this thread could be one of the first selected in the Scarf awards for thread of the year.

Without a doubt, this thread will be kicked into the thread in front of it, resulting in a meltdown somewhere along the line.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
81345929.jpg

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Congrats Quade.

I really hope he puts his best foot forward tomorrow night. If for nothing else, just to say that he took on the Lions and didn't take a backward step.

As for querying the validity of the thread, are all the Quade hate threads needed? What about the thread questioning Marto as a commentator? Seriously guys, some of the rhetoric has become quite tiresome recently. If you don't like the thread, don't go into it.

But I digress, I agree cyclopath I hope that the captaincy has a similar effect on Quade that it has for Higgers, Mowen, etc. I am quite interested to see how he will lead the team tomorrow.

T

TOCC

As for querying the validity of the thread, are all the Quade hate threads needed? What about the thread questioning Marto as a commentator? Seriously guys, some of the rhetoric has become quite tiresome recently. If you don't like the thread, don't go into it.

This..
The 'QLD tin hat' conspiracy comments are growing tedious......

As for Quade, been appointed Captain for the first time is always a special moment and one you never forget.

T

TOCC

So is that line. Time to lose it! Understood?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Sully take a breath, first time I've commented on the subject.

Anyway, once again congrats to Quade, hope he cherishes the moment..

M

Muttonbird

Only saw bits of the game.

Quade looked the same player as he's always been; a mercurial talent, but error-prone.

How do people think he went as captain? I've read (perhaps cynical) comments about the place that his being made captain was a pointed comment from McKenzie to Deans.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Only saw bits of the game.

Quade looked the same player as he's always been; a mercurial talent, but error-prone.

How do people think he went as captain? I've read (perhaps cynical) comments about the place that his being made captain was a pointed comment from McKenzie to Deans.

He's not a captain. That's not to say hes a bad leader, he is always barking orders in the background and knows how to organise a backline in a split second but he doesn't really have the forward approach you need to skipper a team. Doesn't work over the ref or get his boys fired up. Nonetheless he did not collapse under the pressure of the role like I thought he would.

It absolutely was. McKenzie had another shot after the game saying "maybe someone could mimic that style of play. Who knows" haha.

Of course he was error-prone, he's Quade Cooper. But he was also the most dangerous player on the field and the lions were crapping themselves at the start of that match.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He's no captain, but they didn't need one for that game plan. Fast, avoid set pieces, quick taps all night. He certainly tried to impose himself. Post match comments were a bit Genia-lite; plenty of cliches but not as fluid as the little master. Work to do there. I sensed he enjoyed the honour and responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.