• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Has Woodencock been cited or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chauncey

Peter Burge (5)
I have not heard anything after Woodcocks illegal, dangerous and disgracefully cowardly shoulder charge into Fainga'a's kidneys.
Can anyone confirm what is happening with this?

The "Myth" needs at least a month off for that. I am absolutely stunned that Kaplan saw the whole thing and brushed it off. I guarantee if it had been the other way around the Wallabies would have been playing with 14 men again.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I'm pretty sure he didn't see it Chauncey, had his back to the ruck at the time. Still should be cited though.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Isn't Freek Burger the citing commissioner and in South Africa? Maybe he just hasn't gotten out of bed and watched the tape yet. Or maybe Kaplan's stern warning has been deemed sufficient penalty...

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
There's a week break, so they aren't as rushed as usual. Perhaps the citing will come later today or tomorrow.

Chauncey

Peter Burge (5)
Paddy will come over to apologise personally!

Kaplan gives Woodcock and McGaw a stern talking to whilst Mitchell gets red carded and Cooper gets suspended for 2 Tri Nations games- Now that's some consistency.

But never mind, Paddy O'brien is coming over to the Wallabies hotel to aplologise personally. Thats what he does for all the teams you know!:eek:

M

Muttonbird

I'm pretty sure he didn't see it Chauncey, had his back to the ruck at the time. Still should be cited though.
Kaplan must have seen it because he said to Woodcock "I know he (Fainga'a) was taking his time to get up but..."

Woodcock needs to be cited and suspended for a couple of weeks IMO - not for the sake of consistency but because it was dangerous.

Woodcock had a brain fade but the reason he had a brain fade was because Fainga'a was lazily getting to his knees while slowly dusting himself off in the middle of the AB's backline. This is exactly the kind of ruck-vicinity transgression that Scarfman would have the Rugby World believe only the AB's indulge in. Woody did something (stupidly dangerous) about it on the field, which is something the AB's opponents seem reluctant to do.

I don't agree with Woodcock's method but I do agree that Fainga'a needed a reminder about where he was.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Kaplan must have seen it because he said to Woodcock "I know he (Fainga'a) was taking his time to get up but..."

Woodcock needs to be cited and suspended for a couple of weeks IMO - not for the sake of consistency but because it was dangerous.

Woodcock had a brain fade but the reason he had a brain fade was because Fainga'a was lazily getting to his knees while slowly dusting himself off in the middle of the AB's backline. This is exactly the kind of ruck-vicinity transgression that Scarfman would have the Rugby World believe only the AB's indulge in. Woody did something (stupidly dangerous) about it on the field, which is something the AB's opponents seem reluctant to do.

I don't agree with Woodcock's method but I do agree that Fainga'a needed a reminder about where he was.

Actually, he had one. Just before Myth hit him, Kaplan had told Fainga'a to get out of there. In fact the ABs may well have got a penalty had Myth been less retarded.
And read other fora, Muttonbird, and you'll find plenty of equally one-eyed AB fans complaining about Wallabies on the wrong side of rucks and how Kaplan favoured us in that all night. Strangely enough.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I don't think there was much NZ ingenuity in Myth's play; looked like it was straight out of Bakkies playbook to me. If there is no citing for this I might have to go and join PdV in conspiracy land; he needs time and while originally I thought fingers was taking his sweet time getting out of there, on the replay there seemed to be some genuine effort to get back around before he was hit.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Fiangaa was hit the same way waaaaay back in round 1 of the super 14. If I recall correctly Mummy was carded and given a week off.

Chauncey

Peter Burge (5)
Mr Timms

Absolutely correct! Muum was sent off and got 1 week.

Kaplan sends Palu off for a dominant front on tackle against Ireland and lets Woodcock do whatever he wants- Kaplan you are useless!

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
What Woodcock did may have "worked" in the olden days, but with the amount of cameras and scrutiny in the professional error at Test Match level, the only word for it is "Guilty ..... Sir"

He has to go. Dumb arse vigilante violence like that has no place in the game, at any level.

Rather than the citing commissioner having to do something about it, How about the AB Management coming out and stating that they do not condone acts of this kind and stand the player down voluntarily. Come on Graeme Henry, show us your balls!

Administrators on both sides of the Tasman are quick to stand players down, and fine them, for other acts of prejudicial conduct which bring the game into disrepute, why not this?

Just because there was no alcohol involved, doesn't mean the act did not breach a code of conduct.
I am sticking my head out here and am assuming that a professional players code of conduct would include a clause of this nature, and if it didn't, then it bloody well should.

The people who decide the future of our game are the mums, who drive the young'uns to and from training and games.

This act has probably reinforced negative stereotypes of our game held by many mums, who are looking for safe options for their children.

On ya Mr Woodcock!

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
This is exactly the kind of ruck-vicinity transgression that Scarfman would have the Rugby World believe only the AB's indulge in. Woody did something (stupidly dangerous) about it on the field, which is something the AB's opponents seem reluctant to do.

Fuck me, you like playing with fire, don't you? In the game thread I said that I thought Saia was fair game if he was going to persistently loiter on the wrong side. Here, I'll quote mysefl to make it simpler for you.

Me said:
Well, Saia was making himself a bit at home in the "roll away" position. Can't blame Woodcock too much. Full credit to Fangs, he kept on doing it for the rest of the game.

And I never ever said only the ABs do this stuff. You were comprehensively thrashed by barbarian in the Media Not Helping thread, and you're still whinging about me here.

M

Muttonbird

Fuck me, you like playing with fire, don't you? In the game thread I said that I thought Saia was fair game if he was going to persistently loiter on the wrong side. Here, I'll quote mysefl to make it simpler for you.

And I never ever said only the ABs do this stuff. You were comprehensively thrashed by barbarian in the Media Not Helping thread, and you're still whinging about me here.
Apologies. Didn't read the game thread. So if you don't think only the AB's infringe in and around the ruck can we drop the whole 'AB's are cheats' topic?

Don't remember posting anything in the Media Not Helping Thread - did get called a wanker by Gagger in the Dwyer Thread though.

I think this is the last time I'm allowed to argue with you on this issue under Rule 9, so...it's been nice.

Lastly, why is disagreeing with you "playing with fire"?

Scotty

David Codey (61)

Would you like them to be stupidly dangerous to your players?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
There's a week break, so they aren't as rushed as usual. Perhaps the citing will come later today or tomorrow.

No rush, any suspension will likely be eaten into by a possible ITM cup game or a bye under this bullshit system we have.

My question is what were those two fools who must be known as assistant referees doing? Hello, you earn an income for your work. Start doing your bloody job properly. As the employer of the players, the ARU should be making some noise over this. :angryfire:

Status
Not open for further replies.