• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Brumbies - Super Rugby Round 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Agreed, i think he has been good, managed the game well and the bush donkey's certainly have nothing to complain about in that regard.

BTW I hate the term 'neutral' for refs, it implies they are biased which is a slur on their character.

Never said it was biased for the home team. Would you prefer gentlemen from a third party land as a term?

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
After 68mins. Goal line defense there is potentially match winning.

1zytsb8.png

G

galumay

Never said it was biased for the home team. Would you prefer gentlemen from a third party land as a term?

I never said you said.....

As to a better term than 'neutral', i admit thats a bit tricky!

Maybe just call them refs and accept that they are highly trained and skilled professionals who do their best for a game we all love - regardless of what their country of origin is.

G

galumay

BD's just didnt do enough with the first half possession, probably suffered a little from the reorganisation brought on by injuries. Defence for the 'Landers was outstanding.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Jones needs to lodge a workplace complaint against the Brumbies' backline....

This has to be the worst brumbies backline ever? Can't remember a more limp attack.

Carter and Kuridani awful. CL and To'omua looked better as 18 yr olds then they do now. Larkham needs help badly. Only positive was at least we made them work hard for it.

Reactions: mst

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies blew a couple of try scoring opportunities early on, and then never looked like scoring a try afterwards.........

It didn't help that Sam Carter gave away the same obvious obstruction penalty THREE FUCKING TIMES!!!

I thought Staniforth player really well, as did Cubelli for much of the match.........

In fact, most of the Brumbies forwards were actually pretty good for most of the game, but that's not where the problems lie.........

The Brumbies have some serious issues in their outside backs right now - Toua is terrible, and Coleman has lost pace, and doesn't really offer much else........

To'omua needs to stop kicking the ball away so much, and also making sure the ball goes out when we have a penalty.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We miss Spieght and Tomane .. :(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, but you really miss Leali'ifano and To'omua playing anywhere near their best, which they just aren't. Both look pretty pedestrian, and they're better than that. I'm not sure what the answer is. Usually, it seems to be swapping them, so I'm not sure it's that.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
This has to be the worst brumbies backline ever? Can't remember a more limp attack.

Carter and Kuridani awful. CL and To'omua looked better as 18 yr olds then they do now. Larkham needs help badly. Only positive was at least we made them work hard for it.
I though To'omua was better today, maybe we were all wrong To'omua 10 CL 12 .. ??

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah, but you really miss Leali'ifano and To'omua playing anywhere near their best, which they just aren't. Both look pretty pedestrian, and they're better than that. I'm not sure what the answer is. Usually, it seems to be swapping them, so I'm not sure it's that.
Lol i just said swap them

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
God it is frustrating watching Aussie teams. Brumbies should have won that game especially with all their possession early on. Simplistic errors at crucial times killed them.
Their backs were horrible today. Just no punch - they lack the imagination of Kiwi teams. Lealifano butchered an early try chance. Kuridrani was terrible and completely outplayed by Fekitoa - dropped ball 5 metres out on attack and missed tackle on Fekitoa for Smith's try. (Perhaps he needs to be dropped and Folau take his position for Oz until he gets back into form). Ah Wong doesn't offer much for a big boy. And Toua is useless. Dargaville letting ball hit his feet and go into touch about 15 mins before full time was inexplicable. I think the backs owe their forwards beers all night. Maybe Carter should join them. Dumb, dumb, dumb. He got penalized for the same thing in three consecutive line outs (from memory). Dumb, dumb, dumb. Good handling from the forwards considering the wet conditions.

The Highlanders were huge in defense. A job well done. No fancy players in the pack - just a hard working bunch of 'strong as oxes' players who look like they would die for each other. Very impressed with their commitment.

Very disappointed in the Brumbies - they were the only Aussie team I tipped this weekend! Perhaps they read too much of their press early n the year. A long way from looking like making the playoffs, let alone potential winners, as was commonly talked about earlier in the year.

The game was refereed quite well I though but I have the sneaking suspicion that the Highlanders were often about a foot offside. I only watched on TV so I could be wrong due to the angle.

God, and now it continues. The Blues are already up 24 v11 after just 30 minutes. Why are our teams so hopelessly out-classed. I just can't fathom it.

Status
Not open for further replies.