• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders V Crusaders Round 2 (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Tom Donnelly returns to play his old team on their turf. Looking forward to this game. Full house apparently.

Just a note on the other games, did anyone see Lions v Hurricanes Rd2 (sounded like a cracker), & the Chiefs surprised me against the Blues (very good bounce back from them).

Now, the Southern Darby begins!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Excellent counter ruck from the Saders after a charge down.

Not the best pass to Fruean afterwards though. Highlanders very physical early.

Scrum penalty. Tyler misses the attempt. 3-0 Highlanders 7min in.

8min in Crusaders look good ball in hand but Tyler gets caught a bit without strong support & turns the ball over. Good shut down & counter by Highlanders.

Great pace in this game. Highlanders trying the counter a bit but gets caught not supporting body weight properly (use of knees). Tyler lines up for another penalty kick.

S

spooony

It was a ding dong battle. Lions thought they snatched it with a late try from Butch James only to denied in the end by a Barret kick to steal the win. It was a humdinger going back and forth where both sides swap the lead through the match.

Happy slap session between Thomson and Sam Whitelock haha

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
The slap is in fashion it seems Spooony, lol.

Poor Lions they must have been gutted. Credit to the Hurricanes though they have a tough start being straight over in SA & with the players they've lost. Hopefully I'll get to see a replay of that game.

3 all Highlanders v Crusaders.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Dagg is in! Great try!

Question if Freuan pass to Todd was forward, very hard to pick up for the ref at pace. As a Saders supporter I'll call it a line ball ;)

10-3 Saders

S

spooony

Fruean looks really up for it today. Smells like a lot of fantasy points coming from him in this match

Bleyendaal did not miss this time

Just check his wrist

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Was just thinking I should put Robbie into my fantasy team.

Now, Andrew Hore is over! Wow, we are in for a game if the opening is anything to go by!

10-all.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Boosha! Big tackle from Franks. Highlanders kick nearly charged down. Great jinking run from Marshall. Saders go too close to line & are in touch. Bekhuis with a knee issue I think.

Tom Donnelly gets a big 'welcome back' tackle there.

Around 21min in Highlanders with a great run up the guts but last pass didnt go to hand, good scramble from Saders. Good Sader scrum & good dart & clearing kick from Ellis.

Great defence Saders but a player is offside, Highlanders adv. Gear nearly though! Adv. is over. Good touch finder Highlanders. Highlanders are at a higher gear (no pun intended) at the moment. Saders starting a bit slow again.

S

spooony

Welcome back to Dunedin Tom Donnelly

One 22 to the other good game Nice dart from Hardy there

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Saders in touch again. We are fine with the ball in hand but our usual brick wall defence has been penetrated a few too many times. Credit must go to the highlanders on that front they have executed well in attack.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Some big defence from the Saders but penalised again, Ben Franks off his feet.

13-10 Highlanders, penalty successful.

Tyler overcooks the restart.

Saders get scrum penalised (screwing it apparently) to me the Saders were pushing the Highlanders back & dominating the scrum. Tough call. Penalty kick is wide & misses.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Highlanders very much in control of this game but as they did against the Blues the Crusaders are hanging tough. Scrum penalty against Highlanders. And now a BIG HIT!!!! on Marshall who had to catch the ball from up high which left him extra vulnerable to a huge hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.