• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders V Crusaders Round 2 (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

spooony

haha I should have been a fortune teller lol a bit too early 10 minutes left

The atmosphere cranks up another notch

S

spooony

Bleyendaal should have let it go wide

Jaco Peyper been good. Haven't notice the ref at all in the match

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Oh, so close, very good attempt Tyler hard luck son.

Scoreboard time malfunction, LMFAO!

Maul it up boys you've got 3min!

S

spooony

Leigh Halfpenny is sitting in front of the tele having a dejavu there

haha WTF why does it say 80 minutes lol

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Oh my god this is messy! Someone tell the players how much time is left!

Highlanders have won it, good game. Great come back from Saders.

They are going again after another penalty beyond 80min (shouldve been FT).

S

spooony

haha Slade again loooooooooool

Seahorse is chewing his chair there haha

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Oh no way, Saders completely smashed the Highlanders scrum, get the penalty but really the penalty before that should've been FT.

Never like to lose but credit to the Highlanders. Looking at my own guys with Carter & McCaw to come back, I feel cautiously optimistic. That being said Tyler & Todd did well in 10 & 7.

Ruckingoodstats states Tylers big kick was 54.01m.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
They didn't get a penalty. The ref rulled that the Highlanders knocked on getting the ball out of the scrum. Whether the Crusaders deserved a penalty is another question - though considering the drama of the clock I think the universe is relatively balanced.

S

spooony

haha WTF happen to the scoreboard? Did Bleyendaal think time was up when he went for the drop goal?

Oh no way, Saders completely smashed the Highlanders scrum, get the penalty but really the penalty before that should've been FT.

Never like to lose but credit to the Highlanders. Looking at my own guys with Carter & McCaw to come back, I feel cautiously optimistic. That being said Tyler & Todd did well in 10 & 7.

Ruckingoodstats states Tylers big kick was 54.01m.
54 meters is Steyn at half power

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
They didn't get a penalty. The ref rulled that the Highlanders knocked on getting the ball out of the scrum. Whether the Crusaders deserved a penalty is another question - though considering the drama of the clock I think the universe is relatively balanced.

Yep, I'm thinking along the same lines. I'm off to the Reds/Force thread hopefully another great game coming up.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
What a good game.

NZ Derby's > Australian Derby's

As I said earlier after watching Blues v Saders then Brums v Force it was like going from fast to slo-mo. Trying to treat each game by its own merits but its hard, I really do enjoy the way the NZ teams play.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
As I said earlier after watching Blues v Saders then Brums v Force it was like going from fast to slo-mo. Trying to treat each game by its own merits but its hard, I really do enjoy the way the NZ teams play.

God i love watching the NZ teams!

I reckon that each of the Highlanders and Saders are 4 weeks ahead of the Tahs and Reds in preparation. Prepare for a blood bath when they meet.

The similarities in style of play between this new 5/8 and Dan are eery - they've got a production line down there: tell me he doesnt come from Southbridge!

Finally, how did Dunedin solve the quality of the turf issue that still plagues Millenium and docklands? I read it somewhere when it was being built but I cant find it.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The clear roof would be how they solved the turf issues. Natural light can still reach the entire field.

Status
Not open for further replies.