• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Reds Good Friday 29th March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
News out today is Digby Ioane, Ben Tapuai and Mike Harris have all gone for precautioary scans after pulling up worse for wear after the Bulls game on Sat.

Taps & Harris have injured their hands while Diggers has a knee complaint?

Dom Shipperley is however recovered and ready to roll.

Highlanders v Reds
Forsyth Barr Stadium
Kick Off 16:35

Clicky Clicky

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
News out today is Digby Ioane, Ben Tapuai and Mike Harris have all gone for precautioary scans after pulling up worse for wear after the Bulls game on Sat.

Highlanders v Reds
Forsyth Barr Stadium

Clicky Clicky

I hope that they are only precautionary scans, & nothing more serious.
For once it would be great to see our whole team available for selection.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Highlanders v Reds
Forsyth Barr Stadium

Clicky Clicky

no wonder there was some dropped ball

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Full strength the Reds should be fine. The forwards can do the job and should win the breakdown, Gills return will help. Gear and Poki have been in excellent form and score from anything so having Ioane and Shipperley out there will lower the nerves.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Does anyone know what Rod Davies did to his hamstring? How long is he out for this time around?

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
This is a game the Reds should win. They are getting the Highlanders at the right time. If the Reds start well they'll take this one.

Provided no injuries..
1.Holmes
2.Hansen
3.Slipper
4.Horwill
5.Simo
6.Quirk
7.Gill
8.Shatz
9.Genia
10.Cooper
11.Ioane
12.Taps
13.Fainga'a
14.Shipperley
15.Lance

16.SFaingaa
17.Anae
18.ODonague
19.Samo
20.Browning
21.Frisby
22. CFS

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How is exactly is it the right time to face the Highlanders? They've had 4 losses, they're going to be absolutely desperate. I reckon they fire in this one and unfortunately for the Reds they're going be on the receiving end.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
BDA - I like that team but Samo is out for a number of weeks so expect they will go with Butler on the bench and Horwill must play #5 with Simmons #4.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
How is exactly is it the right time to face the Highlanders? They've had 4 losses, they're going to be absolutely desperate. I reckon they fire in this one and unfortunately for the Reds they're going be on the receiving end.
When would be a better time? They are the bottom of the ladder, they've not been playing well, they would clearly be down on confidence.
I reckon the Reds will finally fire in this one and unfortunately my favourite NZ team will be on the receiving end.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
When would be a better time? They are the bottom of the ladder, they've not been playing well, they would clearly be down on confidence.
I reckon the Reds will finally fire in this one and unfortunately my favourite NZ team will be on the receiving end.

If the Reds had been playing high quality football I might have agreed with you. But the games I have seen this year (all six of them) have been particularly unimpressive, even though they've been winning. They are on a slight upward incline but as soon as they hit one of the heavyweights they'll be minced. This game IMO is a real banana skin. The only saving grace is the track will be fast and dry so the south island weather won't intervene.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
How exactly is it the right time to face the Highlanders?

They don't appear to be playing very well atm. pretty simple. Desperation doesn't win you games, or the Force would have won more under Sharpe. Normally at this time of the season the Highlanders are playing champagne rugby. I'd rather face them before they get any momentum

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They played pretty well last week and deserved to beat the Chiefs, the referee killed them.

something

Jim Clark (26)
They played pretty well last week and deserved to beat the Chiefs, the referee killed them.

weren't that great in the second half.. that being said reds shouldnt consider them easy beats, but it isnt as if we are vsing the chiefs... thats the next game!

Scotty

David Codey (61)

Would you prefer to play a team that is on fire after 4 straight wins?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
They are on a slight upward incline but as soon as they hit one of the heavyweights they'll be minced.

By heavyweights, do you mean one of the 3 teams above us on the ladder? ;-) I say that tongue in cheek because I take your point that we've not been playing the best footy but you said it yourself, it's been effective. I think 'minced' is a bit strong a word. We will struggle against the powerhouse teams but that is because they are the powerhouse teams. Even if we were playing 2011 Reds Rugby we would still struggle against the big teams - that's why they are the big teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.