• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Reds Good Friday 29th March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I think most of your points IS gear towards him not being reliable in a test match. Which I agree with. I can think of very few high pressure tests where he played well without costly errors. ABs suncorp 2011, in Sth Africa 2010 and 2011 maybe and even then I think there were some. A 41 test work in progress it seems.

But at super rugby level he is resuming his form and I saw some really enjoyable rugby this week against a team I rate really highly. Quade's priority in my view in the next few years is to build a strong foundation of self confidence rather than building it on show pony plays. And to stop playing hybrid 1 st five. / fullback. I wonder if Ewen does that for lack of a fullback, if so I think he should re look at Morahan and Harris there, both have potential there.

something

Jim Clark (26)
I don't like the 10 to 15 move and Justin Marshall gave the best reason for avoiding it: it means QC (Quade Cooper) is a mile away on turnover ball when he should be first to get his hands on it.

I agree with that point. However, Lance is also a pretty good 10. So he can fill in at first receiver during the turnover ball counter attack. Saw him get the ball at first receiver a few times and he looked dangerous. QC (Quade Cooper) is good at counters with space so i reckon that would be link's reasoning. Also, he isn't the greatest tackler as everyone knows. I know it isn't traditional but i think it suits the reds. It doesn't suit the wobs so eh bit of a conundrum.

i like having two solid first receivers on the field with completely opposing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.