• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Reds, Round 17, July 14. Party at Tony Brown's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
A win or a losing bonus point will see the Highlanders locked in at 7th. A hiding from the Reds and a bonus point win by the Sharks v the lions will see them down to 8th and looking at the top seed in the quarter finals.

Matt Faddes out with a broken hand. Not known if Ben Smith is playing but I would lay odds that Bender will be back and playing with gusto after thinking he had had 3 concussions this season. That must be a weight off his mind. Liam Squires back from injury and the ABs squad.

Plenty of motivation for the Clan. Fresh off the 33 12 friendly against the Crusaders last week, and knocking off the Lions midweek, the Highlanders looking to build momentum towards the finals, so Reds will need to find some reason to turn up or it could get ugly for them.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
oh won't this match just go so well for the Reds...............

Thank fuck that my uni schedule means I will miss most of this game........................

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Saw thread title and thought some dickhead had bumped last year's game thread. Genuinely surprised it's happening this week.

Interest level - Meh.

Best of luck to the Highlanders. Not sure a game of touch footy will help with finals prep all that much though.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
If Higs is still a bit iffy with some nerve damage, then keep the rodda/douglas/simmons combo. Kerevi to start, Magnay pushes Kuridrani off bench.

Reactions: dru

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Stuff it. I just want to see this side go out and enjoy their rugby as there is no pressure. They may actually live up to the potential they have.

Cooper to have a blinder is my prediction.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Dunedin.JPG
Stuff it. I just want to see this side go out and enjoy their rugby as there is no pressure. They may actually live up to the potential they have.

Cooper to have a blinder is my prediction.

Can't see it being too enjoyable. As for a blinder - perhaps snow blindness.

https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/dunedin-snow-day-what-you-need-know

Roads are closed, bus services have been disrupted and flights have been delayed as snow hits the city.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
HIGHLANDERS:
Richard Buckman
Waisake Naholo
Malakai Fekitoa
Rob Thompson
Tevita Li
Lima Sopoaga
Kayne Hammington
Luke Whitelock
James Lentjes
Liam Squire
Tom Franklin
Jackson Hemopo
Siate Tokolahi
Liam Coltman
Daniel Lienert-Brown.

Reserves: Ash Dixon, Aki Seiuli, Guy Millar, Gareth Evans, Dan Pryor, Josh Renton, Marty Banks, Patelesio Tomkinson.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Maybe the Reds should just call it off on the basis they can't make it there and split the points. Seems only fair.
Well they have landed in Queenstown instead of DUD & going jetboating didnt seem to hurt the Lions chances so....

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1. Sef Fa’agase – University of Queensland
2. Stephen Moore (C) – University of Queensland
3. Taniela Tupou - Brothers
4. Rob Simmons - Sunnybank
5. Izack Rodda - Easts
6. Caleb Timu – Souths (run-on debut)
7. George Smith - Brothers
8. Adam Korczyk – University of Queensland
9. James Tuttle - GPS
10. Quade Cooper - Souths
11. Eto Nabuli - GPS
12. Duncan Paia’aua - Norths
13. Campbell Magnay - GPS
14. Izaia Perese - Easts
15. Karmichael Hunt - Norths

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Markus Vanzati - Souths
18. Sam Talakai - Brothers
19. Kane Douglas - Norths
20. Reece Hewat – Norths (potential Queensland/Super Rugby debut)
21. Moses Sorovi – University of Queensland
22. Hamish Stewart – Bond University
23. Jayden Ngamanu – Souths (potential Queensland/Super Rugby debut)

Status
Not open for further replies.