• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Highlanders v Reds, Round 17, July 14. Party at Tony Brown's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
If anything thinks that wasn't one sided bias NZ refereeing get your head out of your arse. They still would of got flogged no doubt. Highlanders look good. Aus sides need to play to the whistle more. Be offside all night. Pay all over the ball and fall on the wrong side of the ruck. When you get tackled just keep going. Get up and go even if you are still being held. This is what the NZ sides do. They get away with 90 percent of it. It's worth it

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just thinking about the QF & SF permutations, I think the Clan's best option is Lions in Jo'burg then Stormers in Cape Town OR Tribe/ 'canes back in NZ so they're not flying back from SA at the start of Final week.

T

TOCC

I thought as individuals, guys like Timu, Tuttle, Tupou, Korcyzk and Paia'aua played well. but broadly the structure of the team in defence was shocking, they just had no answer for the speed and width that the Highlanders played at.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I thought as individuals, guys like Timu, Tuttle, Tupou, Korcyzk and Paia'aua played well. but broadly the structure of the team in defence was shocking, they just had no answer for the speed and width that the Highlanders played at.

Fundamentally then, it is coaching. Plenty more of course but everything else is a comparative trifle.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Fundamentally then, it is coaching. Plenty more of course but everything else is a comparative trifle.
It's unthinkable to believe that the Australian coaches are so fixated on systems and patterns that repeatedly fail that they are blind to alternatives. Surely they can't ignore the bleeding obvious.

You'd have to go a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away to see such blind faith in a strategy proven to fail (FFS, you'd think after the battle of yavin and endor the first order would have learned to invest in x-wings instead of planetoid sized super weapons >.<)

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
It's unthinkable to believe that the Australian coaches are so fixated on systems and patterns that repeatedly fail that they are blind to alternatives. Surely they can't ignore the bleeding obvious.

You'd have to go a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away to see such blind faith in a strategy proven to fail (FFS, you'd think after the battle of yavin and endor the first order would have learned to invest in x-wings instead of planetoid sized super weapons >.<)

It is not unthinkable, it is proven.

Stiles either ignores the bleeding obvious or is too scared to hook a player off the field.

It is unbelievable that he would not have sent a message to the kickers to put it into the crowd and don't allow quick line outs.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
To me, in 2017, the Reds forwards were just OK but the backs overall were terrible. Only bloke that half impressed me was Hunt. Rest were poor.

Blokes on here say they are impressed with the "young" talent coming through. I'm not. If you are good enough you are old enough. I'm sick and tired of the lack of shills the backs in particular have and age shouldn't be a factor.

Only saving grace for me in this Super season was that we were higher on the ladder (not much) than the Waratahs

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just thinking about the QF & SF permutations, I think the Clan's best option is Lions in Jo'burg then Stormers in Cape Town OR Tribe/ 'canes back in NZ so they're not flying back from SA at the start of Final week.

Now they're in the same half of the draw as the Stormers, an even better route is Christchurch, Cape Town then Jo'burg against a side that potentially still wouldn't have come up against NZ opposition, or at best only once.

Despite the loss I'm still quietly confident we can go all the way, getting the all-All Black front row back next week has gotta help for a start & I think we're very capable of winning in Jo'burg.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Now they're in the same half of the draw as the Stormers, an even better route is Christchurch, Cape Town then Jo'burg against a side that potentially still wouldn't have come up against NZ opposition, or at best only once.

Despite the loss I'm still quietly confident we can go all the way, getting the all-All Black front row back next week has gotta help for a start & I think we're very capable of winning in Jo'burg.

That front row would flog the Lions scrum based on their performance on the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.