• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hooper vs Gill

Hooper vs Gill

• Hooper

Votes: 57 51.8%
  • Gill

Votes: 53 48.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Voted Hooper.

Glad he's playing, but amazed he didn't get given a couple of weeks for that tackle.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Didn't even look at the poll.

Which is better? Blue or red? Tea or coffee? A pie or sausage roll? Hooper or Gill?

Oops, didn't mean to reference the Rugby Club.

Barbs almost had it spot on.

Blue. Tea. PIE. Hooper.

This kiddie Hooper looks the absolute goods for mine. Superstar in the making is my prediction.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
The boys are both cut from different moulds, Gills is an out-and-out fetcher whereas Hooper is a better link-man/ball runner.

They both have both sets of skills but really it's about as apples and oranges as two blokes that play the same position get.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm staying out of the Gill v Hooper argument, although I generally would favour the better fetcher.

But what about the Green, Milo and Pastie fans?

PS. I am from Melbourne, of course coffee is the right answer.

Willus

Bob McCowan (2)
Very amped for this match-up! Glad that SANZAR didn't give Hooper a ban at all.

Which brings me to my next point, given how strict SANZAR have been this year would it be possible to compile all the "tip-tackle" incidents in Super Rugby this year (and possibly previous years) and have a look at them individually and possibly weed out any inconsistencies? It would make for some very interesting discussions.

P

Paradox

I think Gill has the better pick and drive technique.
Very much disagree with that. Hooper is far better with ball in hand in all facets including P & D. As for driving play, Hooper has scored tries latching onto othe players and driving. Done it a few times busting through mauls etc.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm staying out of the Gill v Hooper argument, although I generally would favour the better fetcher.

But what about the Green, Milo and Pastie fans?

PS. I am from Melbourne, of course coffee is the right answer.
You're pasty because you're from Melbourne.
Coffee is indeed, the right answer.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So where's Foley going to play Hooper in 2013? Maybe he should bulk up and play 8.

One would hope not ... .. . ..

Lets hope that Hooper is there to fill a void at the Tahs, the flyer at 7

Over the last 4 seasons we have had a less than mobile 7. Waugh, McCutheon & Alcock are/were all solid 7s, but they are not the type to support a game with any width, so the Tahs play thinner than the other franchises.

The Tahs have tried to leverage, their big, but less than super mobile pack for years, had a crash ball at 12 (Carter) and often starved the channels wider to keep the ball closer to that pack. (Sydney Uni mode - not a criticism, but a description and an obvious approach looking at the cattle contracted (a bit chicken and egg but hey))

The challenge is clear now is that the pack just isn't good enough to out muscle those best sides, who can match our physicality and then have other threats once they have absorbed our best efforts.

Maybe, just maybe a bit more mobility at 7 will allow us to attack wider channels

Status
Not open for further replies.