• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hore's brain-fart

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Judicial hearing is 11am today in Brighton.

Too much water under the bridge now for there to be a fair result which everybody agrees with. Charge is striking and top end of that is 8 weeks. So he'll get that 8, and I doubt it will be reduced for first strike or anything like that.

I am sure once this is announced, once again every Brit jouno & "coach of kids rugby" from muck island will once again start tweeting Gagger's pal Brett with their"outrage and disgust" etc etc. And then hopefully, it wil die down.

As i'm kind of of over it.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Judicial hearing is 11am today in Brighton.

Too much water under the bridge now for there to be a fair result which everybody agrees with. Charge is striking and top end of that is 8 weeks. So he'll get that 8, and I doubt it will be reduced for first strike or anything like that.

I am sure once this is announced, once again every Brit jouno & "coach of kids rugby" from muck island will once again start tweeting Gagger's pal Brett with their"outrage and disgust" etc etc. And then hopefully, it wil die down.

As i'm kind of of over it.
8 weeks seems fair to me: just thought I'd get that on the record before the pommy journo's mess (further) with my judgment

Mals

Bob McCowan (2)
No less than 8 weeks, should be more like 12...... but from the charge AH received it sounds like that can't happen.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Firstly, they randomly decide on a level - low through high.

They can add more weeks to "discourage" other players if they feel like it - it happened to both Digby and Simmons for their lifting tackles, although strangely not to most of the other spear tackles this year. Not that I think it's a conspiracy, just that I think it's completely random.

They can also reduce the sentence if the player shows "genuine remorse" and admits wrongdoing.

They they add / take some random amount for priors, or lack thereof.

The whole method is just a random number generator, effectively.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
He'll get 8 weeks, plus 4 weeks as a deterrent. Take off 3 for good behaviour and another 1 because he wasn't carded. Then they'll add something new just to spice it up and keep the Welsh happy, lets say another 8 weeks as a hospital tax. The two 8 week bans can be served concurrently, but the 4 weeks needs to be on the end. All up, he'll miss one International match, and a few super rugby matches.

On appeal it'll re-enter the random number generator and anything could happen.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
I just wish players didn't do this sort of crap.

Really leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Doesn't matter who, or from where, it is not right and it doesn't deserve to be part of our game.

The saddest part is:- the silence from those who should be denouncing rather than excusing.

Nobody wins, especially not Rugby.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Here's the view from the Welsh BBC pundits on Scrum V

On Hansen's comments along the lines of this happens every time we come up here there's no love lost between Hansen and the Welsh from his time in charge there where he had a pretty poor record.

Not in character for Hore but if this was his 2nd time doing something like that we probably would be talking a lot more than 8 games. I think Lyn Jones put it well when he said Hore would be "hugely embarrassed by his actions" and "a sad end to a very good career".

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I just wish players didn't do this sort of crap.

Really leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Doesn't matter who, or from where, it is not right and it doesn't deserve to be part of our game.

The saddest part is:- the silence from those who should be denouncing rather than excusing.

Nobody wins, especially not Rugby.

Who, anywhere has excused it? Hansen has just deflected with muttered dribble and obviously the rest of AB management is going with silence before the judiciary is over (which I don't agree with). Hopefully they'll come out and denounce it or apologize after due process. If they don't (which I suspect they might not) then it's open slather for this management team. Got to give them the chance first, then call poor form.

And 9 pages? How often does one act of foul play get this far. It's a bad one but nothing to tell the grand kids about.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, rugby folk tend to carry these incidents around for future reference. We can be a retentive lot sometimes.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Hore gets five weeks suspension.

From the NZ Herald article:
The judicial officer noted that Hore made contact with an open hand and that his intention was to reach around Davies' shoulders and try to move him out of the way. The challenge ended up being horribly executed when Hore's arm came over the top of Davies' shoulders and cracked the lock on the jaw - knocking him unconscious. It was ultimately both a bad decision and a bad execution rather than a malicious and deliberate assault.

He should go out and buy a lotto ticket this week.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Does anyone have the video of an open hand. I haven't seen it but in the interests of cross Tasman harmony I won't undertake a bio mechanical analysis of the probabilities in relation that conclusion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Fair enough I guess. Adam Byrnes had just seen a bit of grass in Tom Carters eye and was trying to get it out for him and Higgers noticed that McCaw had a bee on his forehead so he tried to squash it with his knee then when that didn't work he tried again with his forehead so I guess it's conceivable that Hore was simply trying to pull Davies out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.