• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How hard is the Tri-Nations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You forgot to mention that they all shave their legs. No tough guy could shave their legs so the toughness of the sport has to be questioned just on that.

Have you tried shaving REALLY hairy legs?? That is an extreme sport in its own right!
But yeah, I admit, I am a drug cheat. Nurofen...keeps me going. :)

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Konze have you ever removed strapping tape from hairy legs? Just a more painful way of waxing. I used to wax my back to strap my shoulder. What excuse to the whimpy cyclists use to justify their defoliation practices. :)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Konze have you ever removed strapping tape from hairy legs? Just a more painful way of waxing. I used to wax my back to strap my shoulder. What excuse to the whimpy cyclists use to justify their defoliation practices. :)
Depilation , sir, we are not trees.
Why? The gravel rash is easier to deal with if you come off with shaved legs - hairy legs plus asphalt = velcro effect and far more skin loss. And yes, I speak from bitter experience of both trial groups.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)

I've heard a story about a player who had a pretty bad rib injury and was determined to play. He whipped out a couple of rolls of elastoplast and strapped his entire midsection tight. He was of "Mediterranean" descent and upon the conclusion of the game, he cut down one side of his chest and ripped the whole front part of the tape off, drawing blood from himself and whincing from anyone else who saw it happen.

To answer your question, however, I have personally had to rip tape off ankles, and its quite an... invigorating process, to be honest.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I've heard a story about a player who had a pretty bad rib injury and was determined to play. He whipped out a couple of rolls of elastoplast and strapped his entire midsection tight. He was of "Mediterranean" descent and upon the conclusion of the game, he cut down one side of his chest and ripped the whole front part of the tape off, drawing blood from himself and whincing from anyone else who saw it happen.

To answer your question, however, I have personally had to rip tape off ankles, and its quite an... invigorating process, to be honest.

Not having to wear a shirt in winter myself (since I grow my own) the thought of removing rib strapping brings water mine eyes. Yes invigorating - just make sure there are no women or children present say within 500 metres.

Henry

Bill Watson (15)
It's a little known fact that pasta contains high concentrations of EPO, so how were all the cyclists to know?? Just an unfortunate mishap, really.
Any comment, Mr Contador? No?

That explains carbo loading then...

Status
Not open for further replies.