• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

How long will Quade get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
yellow for me, was reckless but BB ducked into it too.

Bad feeling he will get two weeks and the Reds will be stuffed. Meanwhile the stormers player who only got a penalty tonight will get nothing for a worse tackle.

God I hope I'm wrong, Reds played some magic rugby today against a fired up Tahs, I think they can go the whole way.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
From my view at the game, he went high from the start, no reflex action, and continued. Yellow card is fair, not worth time off. Barnes ducking or not is bollocks. High tackle is high tackle.

Reactions: BPC

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
From my view at the game, he went high from the start, no reflex action, and continued. Yellow card is fair, not worth time off. Barnes ducking or not is bollocks. High tackle is high tackle.

Not bollocks, if it can be reasonably argued the player tried to tackle legitimately, only to have the tacklee drop too low and the tackler was already committed, it is a significant mitigation or even excuse surely. Whether the lawyers can argue that reasonably here is a separate Q. FWIW I think it can be.

Larno

Ward Prentice (10)
Quade's record isn't clean. Anyone remember this?

3957150.jpg

Blow for Wallabies as Cooper banned for two Tests

It would be a shame if Quade missed the playoffs though.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
any issue with Saia hitting TPN with a shoulder to the head while he was on the ground? He was going for the ball but made contact. Last week Saia put on a few cheap shoulders too, he seems to be a bit more aggressive now he is playing better

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Spot on - but I dont think he ducked into it anyway.
This was a cheap shot and probably doesn't deserve time but you have to wonder: QC (Quade Cooper) is a prodigiously gifted athlete and could have avoided this contact more easily than putting the pass behind him for the try - so why does he do it? he has a large and active self destruction mechanism.
You can see the tackle here: http://www.foxsports.com.au/Rugby/r...426237578?subcat=1225914702813&site=FoxSports

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Spot on - but I dont think he ducked into it anyway.
This was a cheap shot and probably doesn't deserve time but you have to wonder: QC (Quade Cooper) is a prodigiously gifted athlete and could have avoided this contact more easily than putting the pass behind him for the try - so why does he do it? he has a large and active self destruction mechanism.
You can see the tackle here: http://www.foxsports.com.au/Rugby/r...426237578?subcat=1225914702813&site=FoxSports
maybe he is sick of being told he is soft by fans at home, he has to read articles about his lack of defence and probably feels under pressure to make big shots, due to lack of practice it goes wrong

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I reckon Vaea's tackle against Digby was worse then Quades

Nah, Cooper aimed high and not surprisingly got Barnes around the head.

Vaea never went high in that tackle. Digby went real low into contact and it was more of an unfortunate accident.

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
If QC (Quade Cooper) misses out due to suspension, the game will be poorer but rules is rules.

It would allow another talented athlete an opportunity to showcase their talent.

The game of Rugby is full of ifs and buts and that is what attracts so many of us to it.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
There must be some sort of sentence mitigation for Barnes's ongoing inflammatory facial expressions and for his failure to get anyone other than his mother to cut his hair. Just typing this I want to smash him.

Thin Thighs

Ted Fahey (11)
There must be some sort of sentence mitigation for Barnes's ongoing inflammatory facial expressions and for his failure to get anyone other than his mother to cut his hair. Just typing this I want to smash him.

^^^^ That is not a very nice thing to say. Shame on you.

Barnes has had a history of bad concussions. This one may be the one that puts him out of the game. Remember Elton Flatley, or Steve Devine - two of country NSW's finest? Repeated concussions can not be lightly dismissed.

L

Linebacker_41

This is disappointing for the Reds.

Given the history of the SANZAR Judiciary I would expect 2 weeks.

The Judiciary will not ignore the medical implications for Berrick, even as Vidiot rightly points out that Sookface (SF) probably deserves it.

Process will go something like this - Entry Point 4 weeks, Mitigating Factors SF in low position, Verdict Guilt, Result 2 weeks.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Yellow should be enough. If Barnes wasn't so fragile and didn't go straight down i doubt a white will have been issued. There were a couple of tackles in the Chiefs v Canes game with more venom that weren't reported. But, there is the SANZAR uncertainty. A week is likely.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This is disappointing for the Reds.
NO this is what happens when you dont call kids to account and make them responsible for everything they do.
It would have been bad enough if the tackle was a try saver to win the game but this was a nothing tackle that didnt even need to be made. He wasnt wrong footed: it was never going to be a good tackle. There was no miscalculation in its execution.
These guys have a responsibility to their team and the game: you will never see Dan Carter do something like this.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yellow should be enough. If Barnes wasn't so fragile and didn't go straight down i doubt a white will have been issued. There were a couple of tackles in the Chiefs v Canes game with more venom that weren't reported. But, there is the SANZAR uncertainty. A week is likely.

Yeah, he totally milked having to be taken off the ground....... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.