• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

HSBC 7's 2015/16: ROUND 1 - DUBAI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
A fit Hoyland is starting 15 for Edinburgh. I don't see him playing more than 1 pair of tournaments. In contrast, Blake has the makings of a very good Sevens player and is 3rd in line for the seven jersey at Glasgow, so could potentially be available for all tournaments that don't fall in the 6 Nations Window,

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah but Edinburgh's season is long over before the Olympics.
They'll be well in contention for a top 6 finish, and hence Champions Cup qualification as deep as last season. If they win one or both of the home and away ties with the Not-Nots, they'll be in pole position for a Challenge cup Quarters, looking to go one better this season.

He's no Chance before the Hong-Kong Singapore double up, but he'll likely play in London, and what should be the home tournament but is Paris as well.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
HT Kenya 7-0 Straya. Strayan coach not happy, f-bombing the shit out've that HT talk.

EDIT: Soeight binned, Kenya score, 12-0. This is like watching the Kenya of old.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Only one half, but this is also on the basis of the Oceania tournament, James Stannard is reminding me of Colin Gregor last year. Might have gone one year too many.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Speight's had a shocker.

Agree on Stannard, he's too slow and ineffective at the breakdown.

Can't lose this in the Pool of Death.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Speight's been hooked. YC seemed a touch harsh but other than a really good read on D early he didn't really offer that much IMO.

Straya over, 7-12.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good recovery by Straya, FT 14-12. Suggest Fou & Cusack might start the next game. Heard Clarky say they've changed the sub rule to more of an interchange, five subs allowed but a subbed player can come back on.

Japan giving Fiji a red-hot go, trailing 12-14 with 3:00 left on the clock.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A disgrace and I have no idea why they've done that.

I have this horrible feeling that it's to make it easier for the guys transitioning from XV's to handle the pace of the game. And I'm assuming the Olympics will have the same rule so it may ultimately be about WR (World Rugby) wanting to increase the chances of some big name XV's guys making it to Rio.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm on the fence for now re the new subs rule. It may not be too bad. It's not a huge difference to begin with, but Sevens doesn't need extra fatigue to open it up. Perhaps having slightly fresher players will mean better skill execution, even faster pace and more consistently good play.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Women's Bowl SF:

Brazil 29-7 Ireland
Japan 15-14 USA

Plate SF:

Canada 21-12 Spain
NZ 33-12 Fiji

Wifey's friend's daughter Amy Turner (born in Tokoroa & went to school with my bro-inlaw's stepdaughter so practically family even tho I've never met her) back in the Straya lineup so I'll be barracking for your ladies to go all the way.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Robertson proving me wrong but overall pish.

Good Job Samoa. No Points difference against the Russians means there's not much hope of qualification even with an upset. Always tough to be in the bottom half early in the series, the seeding format makes it difficult to drag yourself into the quarters from the 3rd or 4th seed position given the relatively even quality from 6-12.

Status
Not open for further replies.