• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

HSBC Sevens World Series 2014/15 - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The show rolls into Port Elizabeth this week.

Pool A South Africa, Wales, USA, Kenya
Pool B Australia, Argentina, Portugal, Zimbabwe
Pool C Fiji, Scotland, France, Canada
Pool D New Zealand, England, Samoa, Japan

No draw on the website yet but here's the link:

http://www.worldrugby.org/sevens-series/stage/1545/fixtures

Pool D looks fucking tough on paper, depending of course on which Samoa rocks up, the GC7's Finalist or the Dubai7's shambles.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Australia got a great pool draw. We'll likely end up with a pretty tough quarter final game and if we win that an even tougher semi final game.

With only a week since the last tournament, hopefully we can continue our excellent form. Would certainly be great to rack up some big points early in the season and give us a chance at a top 4 spot.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
It's been more competitive at the top this year, which makes it a hell of a lot more fun to follow. Fiji are frightening when they're on point. South Africa seems to be able to dig up these powerful little runners year-in and year-out: Cecil Afrika, Justin Geduld, Cheslin Kolbe, and Kwagga Smith are all under 5'10, and Sentla is just a little taller, but no bigger at 76 kgs. England don't look as dominant as they have been, but Australia is playing with more intensity and physicality, and it's good seeing them keeping the rest of the top teams honest.

Outside of the top teams, Wales and Scotland have turned in some more consistent performances this season, and every now and then the USA hangs in there with a top-team like England (the faster their converts can learn the game, the better, and Mike Friday seems like he'll demand nothing less). I miss seeing Canada under Geraint John -- shows how important a coach is.

France is France, and no one seems to pronounce Terry Bouhraoua the same way twice in one game. And poor Kenya. Hard to know what to say about them.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^ and it would be correct. Bloody TV guides don't seem to know the diff between Bondi time & banjo time.

Fiji & France 1st up, kickoff imminent.......

France score inside 15 sec, shame (for NZ) it can't last........

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
And we get to witness the unveiling of yet another variation of Brouhaha's name.

Fiji Wizards reply with 1:30 in the first stanza. Fiji 7 Les Frogge 5.

Fiji down to 6 after Brouhaha is clocked on the melon by #2 Fiji.

Oranges Fiji 7 France 5.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Canada 14-12 Scotland, possibly the worst example of 7's I've ever sat through. Next up your blokes v Port-u-garl, if you don't put 50 on these blokes I'll be somewhat surprised.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yep. Could really do with some gas. They are pretty well drilled under Geraint John and effective on the basics, but Portugal are putting it to them here.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If I could change my user name to Somewhat Surprised I would. Beginning to wonder if there's something in the PE water supply & Fiji did the BYO.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Double for Joe Webber, NZ 14-0 Samoa

Make that 19-0 @ HT, 3rd try from a rolling maul of all things. Samoa looking better than Dubai but well short of GC form. Trouble at mill may be having an effect?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Idiot on the field tackled one of the Yanks - & cops a kicking for it!

Yanks doing alright against the Blitzbokke, 0-5 down 30 secs before HT

Trouble at mill may be having an effect?
Same issue with the governing body as their test side?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Idiot on the field tackled one of the Yanks

Yanks doing alright against the Blitzbokke, 0-5 down 30 secs before HT

Same issue with the governing body as their test side?

Same governing body so one would assume so. Haven't heard much from their PM/ Chairman recently or from WR (World Rugby) (née IRB) so would be interested to know if their people did ever manage to set up that meeting that was gonna resolve all the issues.....

Seths 19-0 USA USA USA, Seths looking efficient if not yet awesome but early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.