• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v. Brumbies R4 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Great game McCabe, looked so dangerous on the outside break and found his support well.

Mogg looks majestic on attack, untouchable at times, but gees he has some huge defensive issues.

Fantastic scrambling defence there by the Brumbies, showed loads of commitment. (Guess you need it if your fullback misses nearly every tackle.)

What is it with the defence of some of our fullbacks? Mogg and Toua both have defensive issues.

I dont see where you found Mogg's Defence that bad tonight. Although I do think some times in breaks he tries to cover the pass and gets turned inside out and has to chase back, But you can forgive that as its a 2 on 1 and your up the creek take the guy with the ball and he passes or try to force the pass and he runs... In enough space he gets back to tackle.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Canes mired themselves in a malaise of BrumbieBall.

Vaega horror show debut at 12, fuckup after fuckup, letting Pat Mccabe carve you up, God, Mccabe was so full of beans I think he even passed the bloody ball two times.

Cory Jane shirking responsibility, zero attempts to look for work. Pitiful. Negligence in the workplace. Fine him. And tell Richie.

I would just like to say 2012 McCabe out side of Leo craved up better players the Vaega at 12.. he also managed to get around the wingers with pace.

Actually it's one of the fastest Ive ever seen patty run, he looks to have some toe these days..

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I would also like to point out Robbie Coleman had a massive game, he saved a couple of tries and did save a 3rd with the one over the side line, scored a try and was dangerous with the ball safe as houses under it. Put 5 inchs and 10Kgs on him he'd be a super star.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I would just like to say 2012 McCabe out side of Leo craved up better players the Vaega at 12.. he also managed to get around the wingers with pace.

Actually it's one of the fastest Ive ever seen patty run, he looks to have some toe these days..
Agreed people seem to forget how good the centre pairing of A Smith and McCabe was in 2012.

Although I must say This was his best game I can remember.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip> God, Mccabe was so full of beans I think he even passed the bloody ball two times.
<snip>

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has also had a fit of uncharacteristic ball sharing this season.

Four (4) passes in the last game.

Must be a clause in the new contract. The previous one only required one pass per season. The Wobs Top Up contract mirrored that clause, so started the Annual Two Dads Two Passes Performance.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Didn't catch the entire game, but in the bits of it I saw, the lineouts for both sides were a complete dog's breakfast, jumping and throwing.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I dont see where you found Mogg's Defence that bad tonight. Although I do think some times in breaks he tries to cover the pass and gets turned inside out and has to chase back, But you can forgive that as its a 2 on 1 and your up the creek take the guy with the ball and he passes or try to force the pass and he runs. In enough space he gets back to tackle.

Particularly in the late second half he missed every tackle that came his way, Brumbies' scrambling defence though is excellent and saves him a lot of blushes. His technique is horrible - too upright and he grabs with his arms.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
yes WGTN's lineout was a particular nonsense. Mainly the jumpers, who seemed to be going with the "concession stand" formation. That being, just fuckin' standing around like big dopes.​

It's the crook neck. Innate human survival response kicking in, extra adrenalin release. Dr Pillock here.

images

"not the neeeck, not the fuckin neeeeck..."

ps, it took me about 3 hours of scouring the deep web in the White House to find this incredibly rare photograph of Patrick Mccabe passing the rugby football.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
yes WGTN's lineout was a particular nonsense. Mainly the jumpers, who seemed to be going with the "concession stand" formation. That being, just fuckin' standing around like big dopes.

It's the crook neck. Innate human survival response kicking in, extra adrenalin release. Dr Pillock here.

images

"not the neeeck, not the fuckin neeeeck."

ps, it took me about 3 hours of scouring the deep web in the White House to find this incredibly rare photograph of Patrick Mccabe passing the rugby football.

Ha, ha. How do we know he is passing it and not just getting ready to receive a pass?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
How do we know he is passing it and not just getting ready to receive a pass?

hehe, good point, if it's a pass it does look to be a bit of a wobbly old petering-out rugby league chuck. Destination: shins.

if its about to be a catch then the bloke lining him up in back there must be starting to harbour a bit of a free-range hammer-time stiffy.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Why were the Canes made to play on a Friday evening after returning from SAf? Poor scheduling, SANZAR. I appreciate lining up games for Friday night TV consumption allied with the extensive travel in this competition must make drawing up a schedule bloody difficult but, both games in NZ this weekend feature teams travelling from SAf (Canes and Stormers). Not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.