• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v. Brumbies R4 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Hurricanes are rubbish. No intent, no plan. Brumbies know how to seize their opportunities.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Well done ponies! Miss Doug watched match live at home in Canada. Her parents had to listen to live-feed on ABC Radio Grandstand on the GC!

Morton

Frank Nicholson (4)
Great to see some depth in the bench players who all showed some talent tonight which is promising with a long season ahead. Some good skill and back up from Mcaffrey (What else do you expect from an Eastwood boy) to crash over out wide after handling earlier in the movement. It all makes me confident we can have another good season.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I tipped the Hurricanes so I fully expect the Brumbies to waltz home with a comfortable win.

You can thank me later Brumbies fans.

Mate, thanks, love your work - your dilemma now is if you will have the same influence on your Tah's if you tip them? That will give you food for thought and you will be claiming squatters rights on the tipping fence that Scoey built!

But its all ok because its Scoey's fault anyway! Blame away!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Great game McCabe, looked so dangerous on the outside break and found his support well.

Mogg looks majestic on attack, untouchable at times, but gees he has some huge defensive issues.

Fantastic scrambling defence there by the Brumbies, showed loads of commitment. (Guess you need it if your fullback misses nearly every tackle.)

What is it with the defence of some of our fullbacks? Mogg and Toua both have defensive issues.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Still borderline at best. PT has to be absolutely for certain.

For an explanation of this decision.

Intentionally Offending. A player must not intentionally infringe any Law of the Game, or play unfairly. The player who intentionally offends must be either admonished, or cautioned that a send off will result if the offence or a similar offence is committed, or sent off.

A penalty try must be awarded if the offence prevents a try that would probably otherwise have been scored. A player who prevents a try being scored through foul play must either be cautioned and temporarily suspended or sent off.

What needs to be certain is that the player intentionally offended. Once you have that ticked off the law just requires a try to have "probably" been scored.

I don't like using video to rule on things like this. In real time I wasn't thinking PT, but on the replay it did look like he was probably going to score. So if it was obviously an intentional offence that probably would have ended up under the posts.

Shame Joubert rushed awarding the next try though, it looked in touch.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Great game McCabe, looked so dangerous on the outside break and found his support well.

Mogg looks majestic on attack, untouchable at times, but gees he has some huge defensive issues.

Fantastic scrambling defence there by the Brumbies, showed loads of commitment. (Guess you need it if your fullback misses nearly every tackle.)

What is it with the defence of some of our fullbacks? Mogg and Toua both have defensive issues.

I think Moggy is the standout turnstile atm. Needs either to go to the wing with Robbie Coleman to 15, or be dropped until he learns to make effective tackles.

Pat McCabe was immense. Ran into gaps and set up his outside players with some well timed and aimed passes. Never thought I'd see the day, but it just shows that even players we think are one dimensional can develop new aspects to their game, or otherwise are now being coached to improve their games.

Good result for the Brumbies but I don't think they're yet anywhere near their best, or where they need to be to threaten the comp this year.

Reactions: Ash

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
People forget that Pat played well at 15 before being drafted to 12.
Because he was asked to play a one dimensional role,does not mean that was his limit.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Canes mired themselves in a malaise of BrumbieBall.

Vaega horror show debut at 12, fuckup after fuckup, letting Pat Mccabe carve you up, God, Mccabe was so full of beans I think he even passed the bloody ball two times.

Cory Jane shirking responsibility, zero attempts to look for work. Pitiful. Negligence in the workplace. Fine him. And tell Richie.

Status
Not open for further replies.