• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I read Ardie Savea won't be available. Good news from my perspective, although I'd prefer if the other half of the family was sitting on the sidelines.

Sefa is our hardest tackling back, I reckon he should line up against the big bastard Savea.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I really like Ardie, although he's not entirely dissimilar to McMahon insomuch as he's a bit of a notta. Mega, mega, talent, but he doesn't have a natural position in the game. Good news he's out for us, but not exactly devastating.

Annoying Shipperly is out. He's been building into the season nicely. Another reprieve for English then you'd have to think.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The Hurricanes have been so flakey in recent years that part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The Rebels when they get it right are a handful. It wouldn't shock me for the Rebels to win.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
The Hurricanes have been so flakey in recent years that part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The Rebels when they get it right are a handful. It wouldn't shock me for the Rebels to win.

Flakey? I think you might be thinking of the Rebels halfback and standoff pairing...

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Flakey? I think you might be thinking of the Rebels halfback and standoff pairing.

He did say recent years, which is about as flakey as the half backs.

I think the Hurricanes are a real contender this year and will wipe the floor with the Rebelslike 2012. But praying for something more like 2011 :)

D

daz

I'm just going to pretend that this weekend is a bye for the Rebels.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
interesting article in the sun this morning. TT bemoaning bad choices and lack of sticking to game plan at the end of last week and foreshadowing changes, Samo, Neville, Meehan ?
presumably Meehan for Burgess, Neville for Cummins, Samo for ? Faiinga.
Radeke could be answer to the line bending problem when Timani exits the game.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
You had to start Woodward didn't you? I give us a chance now with out the wrecking ball out on the wing.

Matt Proctor is no scrub, he's on the fringe of AB selection and is from the same same club and went to the same school as Jules, Ardie, Motu and Ma'a, not a bad backline with 4 ABs and and 3 AB starters...

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Canes are due for a loss. I would consider this a banana skin game for them. Will take a solid Rebels performance to pull it off though.

On an individual note, this is a change for Inman to send a message to Wallaby selectors if he can shut Nonu down. He is the benchmark 12.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Canes are due for a loss. I would consider this a banana skin game for them. Will take a solid Rebels performance to pull it off though.

On an individual note, this is a change for Inman to send a message to Wallaby selectors if he can shut Nonu down. He is the benchmark 12.

I'm always expecting banana skin games, as a Canes fan you need to cause of all the years of over promising and under delivering.

Good luck trying to shut Rock down, all Aussie mid fields have tried and failed. This week won't be any different, but then again there is always hope for Inman before the game as there is in our banana skin games and the Wallabies winning the Bledisloe back in the near future...lol

Aussie mid fielders are generally pretty soft and need to harden up more, I'm sure Tams will make up for the softness...

Status
Not open for further replies.