• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Still a great backline. Hopefully Woodward has one of his brain fart games and cops a walloping.

Also Motu Matu'u, I reckon Gerrard and Mitchell still have nightmares about him. What an animal. Hopefully big Lopeti is clear to play and we can see the two big bulls getting all hairy chested.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think Inman will need a shit load of luck to stop Nonu and my money is on Nonu dominating him but this still stands as his chance to be counted.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
With that team my hope have been raise from somewhere doe near Daz's level to 'slight optimism'. As the Rebels found it its VERY dangerous to rest so many players all at once, especially since you also ahve forced injuries. With Coles and Barrett the pressure is on their understudies to lift and take responsibility for the key positions of Hooker and FlyHalf. Smith an Ellison will be a fun duel to watch and will contrast nicely with the panzer tank duel in a IC.

Losing Dom will be a problem and will open the door for super sefa to start. Some tactical choices on the bench; I'd want Samo and Neville but not 100% sure if we swap burgo our yet. We may need that experience around the 65th.

Maybe I'll have something good to write about int he review. Here's hoping.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Can't ask for a better IC than Conrad Smith to nurse a newbie fly half along during the game!

Dude, do you know your rugby? Conrad plays exclusively at Centre not Inside Centre, Ma'a plays at 2nd V/Inside Centre.

Marshall is not a newbie either, he's been with the Canes for 2 years played close to 20 games with over 60 games at NPC level for Tasman and the Naki. A newbie would be Jack Debreczini, now there's a kid that needs nursing along...

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Dude, do you know your rugby? Conrad plays exclusively at Centre not Inside Centre, Ma'a plays at 2nd V/Inside Centre.

Marshall is not a newbie either, he's been with the Canes for 2 years played close to 20 games with over 60 games at NPC level for Tasman and the Naki. A newbie would be Jack Debreczini, now there's a kid that needs nursing along.

You're gonna have to use better bait than that my friend.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
You're gonna have to use better bait than that my friend.

You're gonna have to import more players from Wellington over a long period of time to have any chance of being our banana skin this week.

We gave you Scott, Ged, Tams and Jason to help. You need a little bit more. While Wellington head to a Club game and pick some more. I can let you know the clubs to watch...lol

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You're gonna have to import more players from Wellington over a long period of time to have any chance of being our banana skin this week.

We gave you Scott, Ged, Tams and Jason to help. You need a little bit more. While Wellington head to a Club game and pick some more. I can let you know the clubs to watch.lol

Seeing as you're new here you should probably not try and troll people in as many of your posts.

A bit of banter is fine, but from experience, if that's all you do, you won't last long here.

We get that New Zealanders come here for rugby opportunities.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
With that team my hope have been raise from somewhere doe near Daz's level to 'slight optimism'. As the Rebels found it its VERY dangerous to rest so many players all at once, especially since you also ahve forced injuries. With Coles and Barrett the pressure is on their understudies to lift and take responsibility for the key positions of Hooker and FlyHalf. Smith an Ellison will be a fun duel to watch and will contrast nicely with the panzer tank duel in a IC.

Losing Dom will be a problem and will open the door for super sefa to start. Some tactical choices on the bench; I'd want Samo and Neville but not 100% sure if we swap burgo our yet. We may need that experience around the 65th.

Maybe I'll have something good to write about int he review. Here's hoping.

Here's Dane's understudy. Will be praying for whoever is running with the ball his way...

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Seeing as you're new here you should probably not try and troll people in as many of your posts.

A bit of banter is fine, but from experience, if that's all you do, you won't last long here.

We get that New Zealanders come here for rugby opportunities.

Dude, I'm quoting facts. Rebels came looking in Wellington and they signed those boys. Conrad Smith is a Centre not an Inside Centre, Ma'a is a 2nd V/Inside Centre.

Trolling is when you get personal and start talking about people's mothers and quoting their religion and culture etc. If you want to debate, then do so but get your facts right before you do. This is a rugby forum where we debate, you have to know your stuff. Don't post or argue if you don't know your stuff about rugby, players and teams, otherwise you get found out and then you have to post defensive words like trolling as an excuse to make up for your lack of rugby knowledge.

And Australians go to NZ for rugby opportunities too. Check out Steve Divine.

Don't hate us cause we're good at rugby, appreciate, learn and make your game better!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Fulla, you should be kissing our boots!

Here we are, struggling away in a non-rugby market, accepting your cast-offs and could-a-beens and turning them in to first XV players.

We should be charging fucking royalties!

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Fulla, you should be kissing our boots!

Here we are, struggling away in a non-rugby market, accepting your cast-offs and could-a-beens and turning them in to first XV players.

We should be charging fucking royalties!

Lol! Silk purse out of a sow's ear! One man's trash is another man's treasure!

I think you mean we should be charging you transfer fees for our talent.

Plenty more off our development pipeline for you to pick from each year. Pity our schools can't charge development fees.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I'm always expecting banana skin games, as a Canes fan you need to cause of all the years of over promising and under delivering.

Good luck trying to shut Rock down, all Aussie mid fields have tried and failed. This week won't be any different, but then again there is always hope for Inman before the game as there is in our banana skin games and the Wallabies winning the Bledisloe back in the near future.lol

Aussie mid fielders are generally pretty soft and need to harden up more, I'm sure Tams will make up for the softness.

Yeah.... Righto. That's some serious knowledge you're dropping. Anyone in particular you're thinking of?

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Canes are due for a loss. I would consider this a banana skin game for them. Will take a solid Rebels performance to pull it off though.

On an individual note, this is a change for Inman to send a message to Wallaby selectors if he can shut Nonu down. He is the benchmark 12.

You reckon? I wouldn't have him anywhere near the Wallabies. I don't even really want him starting for the Rebels at this point.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

The selection of that team is no doubt governed by AB protocols in a WC year. But I don't think the Hurrycans selectors have watched the Rebels much this year and have overdone the resting. Mind you some of the replacements look pretty good.

Still, I think the Rebels now have a clear chance to redeem themselves after last weekend's total stuff-up, by playing the way they played the first twenty for the whole game. If they can do that and use the rush defence with two sweepers for the chips/grubbers I rate them a real chance of bringing the Cans back to earth.

But everything still depends on the forwards turning up for 80 minutes and I am worried on that count. Talk that TT will drop several players as punishment worries me too. They should be given the chance to make amends this week and then evaluated (a bit like Cheika after the round one Tah debacle).

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Yeah.. Righto. That's some serious knowledge you're dropping. Anyone in particular you're thinking of?

Let me ask you this, which midfielders do you have that are harder then Ma'a, Conrad, Charles, Francis, Charlie, Sonny, Ryan, Robbie, Malakai and Shaun?

Most Aussie midfielders don't scare anyone in the competition, Inman, Beale, Fainga'a, Kerevi, Cararo? Hardly go forward ball carriers or defensive walls, definitely not world class...

Let me in on your world class thoughts that have Australia high up the world rankings at #6...

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
The selection of that team is no doubt governed by AB protocols in a WC year. But I don't think the Hurrycans selectors have watched the Rebels much this year and have overdone the resting. Mind you some of the replacements look pretty good.

Still, I think the Rebels now have a clear chance to redeem themselves after last weekend's total stuff-up, by playing the way they played the first twenty for the whole game. If they can do that and use the rush defence with two sweepers for the chips/grubbers I rate them a real chance of bringing the Canes back to earth.

But everything still depends on the forwards turning up for 80 minutes and I am worried on that count. Talk that TT will drop several players as punishment worries me too. They should be given the chance to make amends this week and then evaluated (a bit like Cheika after the round one Tah debacle).

Real good chance. There may be a couple of pigs flying around at Westpac trust while they play too...good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.