• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes v Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
Vegascane im sorry but you would have to be one of the most ill informed people I know,especially in regard to Victorian rugby. If you understood anything you would know that the club rugby not schoolboy is the stronger league. So please don't come up in here with all this only private school people play rugby crap. Not to mention that both are supported equally if not club rugby more so. Oh and contrary to your belief the waiting list at schools don't choose on the basis of ethnic background. Also the private school which i currently attend actually gives out low socio-economic scholarships to refugees and struggling families much like other private schools in my area. But hey what do I know not like my best friend is on one

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)
Vegascane im sorry but you would have to be one of the most ill informed people I know,especially in regard to Victorian rugby. If you understood anything you would know that the club rugby not schoolboy is the stronger league. So please don't come up in here with all this only private school people play rugby crap. Not to mention that both are supported equally if not club rugby more so. Oh and contrary to your belief the waiting list at schools don't choose on the basis of ethnic background. Also the private school which i currently attend actually gives out low socio-economic scholarships to refugees and struggling families much like other private schools in my area. But hey what do I know not like my best friend is on one

Dude, you're a little delayed with your reaction time. You might want to do some work on speed and agility. That was yesterdays topic we have all moved on to the game. I haven't posted today about anything regarding schools but if want to quote me and argue that's fine, let's do it.

I know the club rugby at age group level in Victoria is stronger here than the schools, I coach and have kids that play in the club competition and some that go to private schools and the two are definitely uneven in terms of the quality of rugby and coaching, but you're supporting my point of why there is 2 systems one for club and one for schools. There aren't enough players here to have two systems. I also know the NSW and QLD schools are stronger than their clubs at the same level at least they have an argument and the numbers to support their case. The question is in a city like Melbourne that doesn't have the critical mass of players at age group level why can't the two co-exist?

I'm informed my friend, you however don't have the ability to see strategically beyond your school background to answer the hard questions about rugby in Victoria.

Average Outside Center

Herbert Moran (7)
The two don't co-exist because of convenience. AFL is run this way. Soccer is run this way and for rugby to get its critical mass of players to it's peak it also has to be run this way. As school sport is compulsory kids that wouldn't think of ever playing rugby play. Thus increasing the mass of players, a amalgamated league would lose the convenience of playing teams that a within a reasonable distance which other sports have

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Note to Rebels fans. I have tipped the Canes to win by a large margin.

Given my recent Friday Night tipping success rate, this will almost guarantee that I have placed a solid Kiss of Death on the Canes, and the Rebels will now sneak home by 2 points with a kick after the siren.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^It is working @boyo.

Aussie Mike kicks the Gilbert through the sticks on the siren to take a 2 point lead at Oranges.

Rebels 12 Hurricanes 10.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I know you guys hate on Beale and JOC (James O'Connor) but you really need a player like that right now. The Rebels backline has nothing.

Reactions: daz

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Really? Your players can't score 5 metres out with space out-wide and overlaps! Jack D is not a 10 nor a Super Rugby player.

Reactions: daz
D

daz

Sick and fucking tired of getting into the 22 then giving the opposition an end to end try. How many this year? 5? 10?

My TV is in real danger of needing a manufacturers recall due to flimsy screen.

D

daz

Far too many likes of Qwerty's posts. See what the Rebels have done to me?

Never expected the win, but this team has little imagination and composure.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Really? Your players can't score 5 metres out with space out-wide and overlaps! Jack D is not a 10 nor a Super Rugby player.

Yeah, really. I'm not Debreczeni's biggest fan by any means, but he's only part of a much bigger problem.

daz's boy over? He's done well there if he's got that down.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Far too many likes of Qwerty's posts. See what the Rebels have done to me?

Never expected the win, but this team has little imagination and composure.

Yep. It's soul-destroying. 80 million phases to go 60 metres before turning it over. And you just knew the turnover was coming.

And we're going to lose it again here. Anyy second now.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Why are the Rebels backs always running back into traffic? Making it very easy for the Canes defence drifting across.

The Fro Bro is on. Here comes Radike Samo.

Status
Not open for further replies.