• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes Vs Force - Round 4 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Mafi doesnt look close to being fit, seemed really sluggish, especially compared to last season.

The numbers from the 1st 3 Rounds support your view:

Both Mafi & RHP have paid about the same minutes.

Their av stats per 80 minutes played as follows:

Ruck Involvements: RHP 25; SM 15
Tackles: RHP 12; SM 4
Carries: RHP 5: SM 10
Metres: RHP 14m; SM 27m
m/carry: RHP 2.8m; SM 2.7m.

Mafi lacking fitness or motivation.

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
force have a bad record against the canes. canes don't deserve to be at the position on the table that they are with the team that they have. they'll put it together at home with a comfortable win and get their season moving.

M

Moono75

everyone loves an underdog and the Force don't mind jetting off to the land of the long white cloud for a bit of team bonding and stealing the odd win. Although it's still a week away.....could today be our Good Friday. Need big games from Coleman, Masirewa and DHP. Go you mighty Sandgroppers!

M

Moono75

^^^^^^ well it is the game they play in heaven so there's always a chance of that.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I usually love the NZ commentators and I've picked the 'Canes but this commentary is a biased as I am used to hearing from Seth Efrika.
Vito clearly pulled the maul down and then their defending him.
Then the hooker takes a late no arms cheap shot on the Force 10 and they say there's not much in it - there a card in it and the only question is its colour.
Fuck.
Wake up.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Agree on the Vito.

There was nothing more than a penalty in the tackle though. It was late, but there were arms, and it only looks so bad because Grant is blindsided.

G

galumay

I didnt think they particularly defended Vito, they did discuss the maul and the fact that he was the only defender present.

My initial reaction to the late tackle was yellow, it could have gone either way on seeing the replays. No big deal.

At least they are 100 times better than the ozzie commentators!

Looks like the Canes are wearing the Force down, suspect this will blow out.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Once sgain impressed by this ref. Did a good job last week Rebs v Reds and i think he seems to understand the flow of the game. Very clear in his messages to players

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Agree on the Vito.

There was nothing more than a penalty in the tackle though. It was late, but there were arms, and it only looks so bad because Grant is blindsided.

Why isnt that a card? He stopped Grant from backing up - which was precisely the aim. Plenty of time to pull out.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
As expected the Canes dominating all the attack but the Farce winning the breakdown. Need to see some Farce attack.

What a farce. About to score and concede one seconds later.

Status
Not open for further replies.