• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Hurricanes Vs Force - Round 4 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That shouldn't have been a try...........

Force should've had a penalty from right in front there from the Canes defender 'rolling away' back through the Force side of the ruck...........

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This is just plain embarrassing. The Force can't break the Canes defence, they turn the ball over and within seconds get scored on easily on the counter.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well think the Canes maybe happy with a few of their newbies tonight, Laumape is looking like he may turn into quite a good 12, Fifita showed he can handle this standard of rugby, and I don't mind the look of the young hooker Ricettelli or whatever his name is. Adie had another cracker, but I had to say don't you enjoy a 7 like Hodgson, he just works away all night!

M

Moono75

Brache best for the Force IMO. Force lacked composure when on the goal line and too many errors. Rotation policy for the Force doesn't work cause we haven't got the cattle to have best players out. What a difference Jono makes at 10. Foley running out of time as coach. NZ teams show how support runners should play. Our players have no sidestep. Junior Fooling no one with his dinks. God help us when Hodgo retires. Where is the mongrel in the team. Who is the hard nut that can change things with a huge hit? Might be time for Alby to move to the bench.
Bring back paper bag payments cause we need to pay double to get a few absolute star players to lift the confidence and inject some swagger.

Looks like a long season ahead.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Had to follow the "live updates" on stuff.co.nz & when I left work it was 10-6 & 55 min gone so quite surprised to get home & see 41-6, obviously the proverbial floodgates opened in the final 20.

Well think the Canes maybe happy with a few of their newbies tonight, Laumape is looking like he may turn into quite a good 12, Fifita showed he can handle this standard of rugby, and I don't mind the look of the young hooker Ricettelli or whatever his name is. Adie had another cracker, but I had to say don't you enjoy a 7 like Hodgson, he just works away all night!

Laumape was quite the player at Palmy North BHS, not sure why he got overlooked for 'canes age group but good to see him back in rugby & staying healthy. Ricitelli I think has been highly regarded on his way through the age grades & I think we all know what a beast ASavea could develop into.........

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Think perhaps Laumape was not so much overlooked as could make more money as a leaguie than an age grade player, very much like Nelson Alasona or whatever his name is who went to the Storm, and perhaps is considering his options.

M

Moono75

We are in the position of.....if we fire Foley who else would even want to coach us, we have a losers mentality and are complacent to let things ride and hope it improves by the law of averages. That's an untenable position for any sporting club to be in. I'm in my 11th season of membership and we are still going round in circles. The fact that we can't attract a naming rights sponsor should be ringing alarm bells as to how the Force are perceived in the wider community. 15 blokes hitting the field in 15 different looking jumpers doesn't scream team unity to me. We need someone with a vision and a plan to win the Super Rugby competition.....not just accepting the role of a poor beggar grateful to have a seat at the table.

Some will agree with me and others will just accept the same spoonful of gruel being served to them keeping them alive for the promise of the next game. Lets start bloody living as a team and striving to be the best in the competition. The Fremantle Dockers were a joke. They reinvented the whole organisation and turned things around. If there is a lesson or a pathway in life for gods sake Force wake up, take note and become relevant before its too late!​

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Foley has to go. The fact we even accepted him as a coach is a farce.

We have squandered our honeymoon period. For the first 2 years we were interesting just for noveltys sake, for the next 5 people were content to wait on the understanding the organisation was still young. But these last 3 years have been a dirge.

I love the Force, get excited before every game hoping against hope that we'll have that one game a year that's worth getting excited for, but I don't hold out much hope for the long term future of the Force.

I posted an article on the front page last year after the loss to the Blues dissecting the issues around the Force. And nothing has changed. Australia has a finite pool of rugby talent. When the governing body is happy to have all of that talent aggregate at a few of its favourite franchises then you have to expect failures like the Force. Our player wage bill per week would be less than half of the Waratahs once Wallaby top ups are taken into account. Clever organisations like the AFL have drafts or like NZRU have central contracting.

TLDR: The ARU don't give a fuck about the Force and the Rebels and both are likely to be long term failures without equitable player distribution.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I made the point in the first post of this thread that nearly all of our points have come from the Lance/Morahan combination and without them we'd have to find them elsewhere. We couldn't, I suspect we probably don't have them in the team.

And we are the Canes whipping boys too.

M

Moono75

Someone at the Force needs a plan for success. They are like a second term US President coming up to the primaries.....no one cares what they have to say anymore, there are new candidates with new agendas to push.​
I just want us to be in the game. God help us if we are the first team to lose to the Sunwolves. We ticked that box against the expansion Kings in 2013. Not the kind of records we should be going after.​
People get paid to run the Force, start earning your pay cheque.​

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
What the hell Happened. It felt like we were the better team for 50 minutes of that game. Hurricanes started to get away with more and the game got to loose on the last 20. Some really good signs in that first half. Hodgson played out of his skin. Brachie had a good game but dhp had his worst. It feels like it's all Going to gel soon and we definately look better with the ball on hand this week. Somehow I feel we are on the right path but that game doesn't reflect our performance. I feel odd after watching that one.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Someone at the Force needs a plan for success. They are like a second term US President coming up to the primaries...no one cares what they have to say anymore, there are new candidates with new agendas to push.​
I just want us to be in the game. God help us if we are the first team to lose to the Sunwolves. We ticked that box against the expansion Kings in 2013. Not the kind of records we should be going after.​
People get paid to run the Force, start earning your pay cheque.​
I think we will String some good winds together soon mate. We looked really good until that game got real loose.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Cheer up guys. It wasn't as bad as the score line reads. I disagree and thing we are getting better. The first week we ran to much. The second week we kicked to much. The third week we played ok but lacked at decent attack. This week I thought the kicking to running ratio was great. I also think if dhp played his normal game we would or scored more try's. The other backs played quite well. Taps best game for us this year as well as junior. Clean up some handling errors and dhp back to normal things should start to get interesting.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Holy fuck Shiggins, you're delusional. They did us 6 tries to 0.
Yeh I know. I said it feels weird but it's how I look at the game. Watch the first 50m and we look really good. It looked like we were about to get somewhere. Then the hurricanes happened.

M

Moono75

I think we will.String some good winds together soon mate. We looked really good until that game got real loose.

Two more tough games in NZ against the Chiefs and Highlanders and then back at home to the Crusaders. Realistically we could be 1 and 6 and another season will be gone. Foley is a nice guy but he's proving as reliable as Francesco Schettino at the helm of the Costa Concordia.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Shiggins, while I don't necessarily agree with you on the game, mate, I love the fact that you see the positives in your team, it's what's called being a supporter is, and long may it continue.
I really would of loved the ARU to free up rules a little more even for the expansion teams, and encourage Force and Rebels to get more good players from places like Argentina etc!!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Two more tough games in NZ against the Chiefs and Highlanders and then back at home to the Crusaders. Realistically we could be 1 and 6 and another season will be gone. Foley is a nice guy but he's proving as reliable as Francesco Schettino at the helm of the Costa Concordia.
We will win one of the nz games.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
I'm. Just watching the waratahs game. Wow. The force first 50 Min vs the waratahs first 50 Min.

Status
Not open for further replies.