• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

I hate to gloat BUT... (HIG v BRU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Starting to watch this now. All the little bitches who yakked and laughed through the minute's silence for the bushfire victims should be slapped across the face.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Can someone just confirm for me: at a lineout, players who are in the lineout may not leave the 5m-15m marks until the ball is thrown.

I ask because while its only a little technicality, the Brumbies did it in the leadup to the first try in the second half - Salvi's pod moved well outside the 15 before Moore threw the ball and weren't nabbed for it.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Alexander appears to have forgotten how to scrummage at loosehead. He's binding practically underneath Moore in order to try and get under his (slightly) larger opponent. Then on the engage he's not even trying to keep his shoulders about his hips, and has his feet too far back to maintain his balance. Hopefully he rectifies that.

S

Spook

fatprop said:
Spook said:
Hey Fat prop, did you not see the AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) try or the Gerrard try?How did they involve mortlock barging over. By the way, they were 1/2 the tries scored. Furthermore, most teams try and play for field position mate. Holmes needs to do a lot of work on his defense (his tackling was good in this match IMO) but Beale is just as bad or worse..and you don't think he has a problem nor do you mention it. You are a mega troll. Please piss off.

The Brumby pigs did their job for most of the match as reflected by the field position and posession stats.. Very tired in the last 10. Was impressed by the Highlanders fitness. Lot more work for the Brumbies to do. Pretty scrappy overall.

I think Alexander is a worse scrummager than Henderson at loose head. :nta: Shep looked good.

:lmao: calm down spookie

I said Mortlock et al............................. the crash ball was Brumbies go to play all game whether that be AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Mortlock or Gerrard, it was a good pass from Mortlock, and Holmes is afraid to get dirty and put his body on the line in defence or attack.

The Brumbies were very very lucky not to have a load of pigs in the bin, they were falling on the wrong side of the ruck all game to slow the highlanders ball and got away with it - good luck to them. A thousand years ago they would have ended up with a stud marks across their back, but now we have to hope the ref takes action.

I Agree Beale is just as bad a tackler as he grabs, but at least he isn't afraid to go into contact - and I have mentioned before that he should have spent to whole off season in the sand pit, not half eating pies and the other half stripping them off.

As one of the kiwi commentators said today, Beale isn't the bravest of defenders. I thought his defense was poor today.

The Tahs were luckier than the Brumbies in terms of binning. And the Highlanders were lucky as well.

All GG haters, please offer something of substance to the debate. The same people who slag GG are the same who were pushing for Morgan Turinui over Mortlock when the pie man was at the Tahs and for Waugh over Smith. Good call those ::)

S

Spook

NTA said:
If, in future, I ever want to compare the biggest difference between Gregan and Burgess, it will be at the Barbarians match 2008.

Gregan comes on, and at one of his first rucks stands and points down while looking at the ref. That is where Gregan lost it in the last half of his Wallabies career, though in part that was due to the era in which he played.

??? GG was excellent in that game when he came on. He got the Baa Baas back in the game was awesome work around the ruck.

S

Spook

NTA said:
Alexander appears to have forgotten how to scrummage at loosehead. He's binding practically underneath Moore in order to try and get under his (slightly) larger opponent. Then on the engage he's not even trying to keep his shoulders about his hips, and has his feet too far back to maintain his balance. Hopefully he rectifies that.

He was a big dissapointment IMO.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Spook said:
All GG haters, please offer something of substance to the debate. The same people who slag GG are the same who were pushing for Morgan Turinui over Mortlock when the pie man was at the Tahs and for Waugh over Smith. Good call those ::)

OK .......... Gregan on fast front foot ball is one of the best 9s ever. But if the ball is slowed at all he refuses to dig for the ball, instead he complains to the ref. There were a number of times at the end of Gregans career, when aus were struggling in the pigs he was just so frustrating. Then he provided very slow service and just worked as an assistant referee when we really needed someone to role his sleeves up and get the ball away from contact.

I can't remember anyone wanting Tirinui to replace Mortlock, ever.

Waugh over Smith, yeah in some games, both are great players, Smith plays a wider more skillful game, Waugh plays tighter lines and is more confrontational. At times, with Aus's tight five on roller skates, Waugh's tighter lines were needed with Smith coming on when the game opened up.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Spook said:
That does it for me. See you later.

C'mon bro. Give yourself a few days and re-read the thread. You started the personal abuse in an unprovoked way.

But who hasn't gone a bit over the top every now and then? So, the door is always open.

Cheers.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
fatprop said:
Waugh over Smith, yeah in some games, both are great players, Smith plays a wider more skillful game, Waugh plays tighter lines and is more confrontational. At times, with Aus's tight five on roller skates, Waugh's tighter lines were needed with Smith coming on when the game opened up.

Don't agree. Waugh is now too slow for an international openside and was exposed a few times last year. Provincial level Waugh is a very very good openside, but his career at international level is likely over with Pocock and Smith ahead of him. Pocock looks like he can play the confrontational game very well. He still needs some maturing in his attitude, but I think he should be ahead of Waugh now.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Ash said:
fatprop said:

Don't agree. Waugh is now too slow for an international openside and was exposed a few times last year. Provincial level Waugh is a very very good openside, but his career at international level is likely over with Pocock and Smith ahead of him. Pocock looks like he can play the confrontational game very well. He still needs some maturing in his attitude, but I think he should be ahead of Waugh now.

I agree, I was talking about Waugh a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.