• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ICC Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:
Bliksem you lot were lucky you havent got the Proteas in the final. We would have eat you alive on that wicket.

But you failed to make it through the group stage. Again.

A well deserved victory, which should instill a lot of confidence in the ranks. Guys like Watson and White are starting to come of age, and with Ferguson, Lee and Johnson showing a bit of form maybe a new day is on the horizon...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
barbarian said:
PaarlBok said:
Bliksem you lot were lucky you havent got the Proteas in the final. We would have eat you alive on that wicket.

But you failed to make it through the group stage. Again.

A well deserved victory, which should instill a lot of confidence in the ranks. Guys like Watson and White are starting to come of age, and with Ferguson, Lee and Johnson showing a bit of form maybe a new day is on the horizon...
:lmao: Thought you would come with that one. ;) Think Hauritz was you best bowler last night. I havent watch the Ashes or Pomland seriesse but he sure look like developing on top level. Felt last year the spinners was the one that bites you from the past greats you had.

Maybe I am wrong but only us and Aus deliver the bouncy type of wickets. That seem to fit both teams if you look at the kak they prepare in the Mid East countries. Loving a pitch that gives something to bat and ball and the flat tracks, not good for cricket overall.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Maybe I am wrong but only us and Aus deliver the bouncy type of wickets. That seem to fit both teams if you look at the kak they prepare in the Mid East countries. Loving a pitch that gives something to bat and ball and the flat tracks, not good for cricket overall.

Could you please tell us which "Mid East countries" you mean? Thanks.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
PaarlBok said:

Oh maybe I should rather called them Curry Countries or something like that? India & Sri Lanka have flat wickets and mostly Pakistan who tend to deliver one or two a bit quicker. Those wickets usually cracked on the 5th day of the tests but one dayers they are the same favouring the batsmen.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
PaarlBok said:

Yeah I agree Paarl, but I also think that is what is great about cricket. The variance of surfaces means that the game is never the same, and players have to adapt to different conditions. A true test of a batsman is to score runs on both the dusty tracks of the subcontinent and the bouncy decks of AUstralia and South Africa, not to mention the swing and seam of the UK.

I hate ultra-flat pitches though, really wastes everyones time. That was why the Ashes were so good- other than Cardiff every pitch had a bit of life in it for the bowlers, and provided an even contest by and large.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
barbarian said:
I hate ultra-flat pitches though, really wastes everyones time. That was why the Ashes were so good- other than Cardiff every pitch had a bit of life in it for the bowlers, and provided an even contest by and large.
Yeh sure, I will go ass far the reason why Australia and the Proteas do better then most. Look like the others struggle more to get use to the bouncy wicket then the flat decks.

If you dont play the front foot shots well when it bounce yur in trouble. The flat decks give you more time to go front or back.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Biffo said:
PaarlBok said:

Oh maybe I should rather called them Curry Countries or something like that? India & Sri Lanka have flat wickets and mostly Pakistan who tend to deliver one or two a bit quicker. Those wickets usually cracked on the 5th day of the tests but one dayers they are the same favouring the batsmen.

"South Asian countries" would do nicely. The Middle East is a long way to the west of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Not much cricket is played in the Middle East.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Biffo said:
"South Asian countries" would do nicely. The Middle East is a long way to the west of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. Not much cricket is played in the Middle East.
Thanks for the lesson Biff, may lisence dont go much further then Durbanville in the south and Du Toits Kloof Tunnel in the north.

Sub Continent is the one the cricket lot use.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
PaarlBok said:
Biffo said:
Thanks for the lesson Biff, may lisence dont go much further then Durbanville in the south and Du Toits Kloof Tunnel in the north.

Sub Continent is the one the cricket lot use.

"Sub continent" is wrong, as it excludes Sri Lanka. Cricket commentators can be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.