• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Interesting Bar Talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Gagger said:
Key qualities for drinking partner:
  • Shouts his round - Dalai Lama EPIC FAIL
  • Chick magnet to wing man off - Dalai Lama EPIC FAIL
  • Useful in a scrap - Dalai Lama EPIC FAIL
  • Can handle his piss - Dalai Lama EPIC FAIL
  • Makes sense when you're munted - Dalai Lama EPIC FAIL

You might as well have a drink with me. Apart from the chick magnet. And making sense.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
There's a lot to be said for an afternoon on the squirt with a beautiful, intelligent woman whom you reckon you'd be in with a show of getting into the cot. A bit of sexual tension certainly makes for an entertaining session. I had cause to swill French champagne with Jill Wran (or Hickson as she preferred to be known) one afternoon in the mid-80s when she was at the height of her powers as the NSW premier's wife and a much sought after literary agent. It was all there, well, the cot bit might've been only in my mind. A memorable afternoon with a classy woman.

On another occasion I spent a raucous afternoon with Nancy Wake, the WWII heroine. Christ, could she drink. And the stories, all true. A bit older than me and absolutely no qualms about telling me what she'd done in life, blokes she'd shagged, Germans she'd killed (a few with her bare hands!). The cot bit never crossed my mind THAT day!

My preferred drinking partner? An amusing older woman such as Rene Geyer or Judi Dench. A hard drinker in the mould of Oliver Reed or Dave Allen would be fun (but only once). But my favourite would be someone who could indulge me in one of my favourite pastimes, Australian history, so I'd choose either CEW Bean or Bill Gammage.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Interesting preferences, there, L. When the question has been posed I have always been torn between a great intellect, a great humourist, a man of great experience and a woman of great experience. When I finally settled on my selection it was a great intellect who was humourous and totally mad.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'm in a bar that happens to be hosting a rugby team's aftermatch function. In attendance are:

1. General Sir John Monash, WWI Commander
2. Sir Edward (Weary) Dunlop, Rugby Player, Surgeon, WWII POW
3. Sir William Hudson, Chief Engineer of the Snowy Mountain Scheme
4. Sir Edmund Hillary, Mountain Climber, Philanthropist
5. John Edger Hoover, FBI Boss
6. Germaine Greer, Philosopher, Writer
7. Martin Luthur King, Civil Rights Activist
8. Emmeline Pankhurst, Suffragette
9. T.E. Lawrence. Soldier
10. Albert Einstein, Physicist
11. Richard Branson, Businessman
12. Sigmund Freud, Neurologist
13. Sir Donald Bradman, Sportsman
14. Nancy Wake, WWII Resistance Fighter
15. Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, WWI Soldier, Statesman

16. Kerry Packer, Businessman
17. Albert Schweitzer, Philosopher
18. Louis Armstrong, Musician
19. Andrew (Banjo) Patterson, writer, war correspondent, journalist
20. Paul Keating, Politician
21. General Sir Frederick (Black Jack) Galleghan, WWI Soldier, WWII POW
22. Dawn Fraser, Swimmer
23. General Gordon Bennett, WWI/WWII Soldier

Coach. Nelson Mandela, Leader
Manager. Boris Yeltsin, Politician, Drinker
Physio. Fred Hollows, Surgeon
S&C: Norman Lindsay, Artist

Injured and not selected:
Pierre de Coubertin
Barry Humphries
Kurt Fearnley
Mao Tse Tung
Manfred von Richtofen
Andrew Denton
Dame Marie Bashir

You wouldn't get a word in edgeways with most in that team, and the team rehab crew, and most of the people in the pub are lining up to have a yarn with most in the team.

There is a fair bit of information on the record for most of the team so I'm going to try and have a yarn with the less well documented, and as such I am lining up to bend the ear of either William Hudson, or Black Jack Galleghan.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Christopher Hitchens & P J O'Rourke both liked\like a drink and would be highly entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.