• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

IRB U/20 Tournament and Oz Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rugbywhisperer

Scary and 'what is gong to happen when they grow up?' come to mind.
Bleyendaal is just so 'Larkhamesque'

George

Frank Nicholson (4)
thanks Brumby Jack, hadnt looked back at other pages, damn computers so slow didnt want to waste time looking. Sounds like Baby Blacks giving us a lesson!!!

R

rugbywhisperer

While I think we knew we going to hit by a truck I am not so sure the size of this truck was envisioned.
That was a bloody big road train.
Wow, what a game and what an education for our boys.
The Jr AB's really wanted that win but the way they totally dismantled our game was impressive.
Well done lads from both sides.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Full score sheet:

NZ 62
Tries
Coltman, Marshall, Veainu (3), Bleyendaal, Colwart
Cons
Blyendaal (4), Parker (2)
Pens
Blyendaal (5)

Australia 17
Tries
Morahan, Sitauti
Cons
To'omua (2)
Pens
To'omua

T

TheTruth

How did our 20's front row go against the AB'S - they were highly thought of - missed the game but with a score like that it seems we didn't dominate in the pigs to give room for the backs - Comments please

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
ouch. with a score like that i'd wonder if we even had the ball at all! anyone else tired of NZ winning? seems to happen a bit too often.

i wonder how many of their squad have gotten decent runs in the NPC. is it a question of pure talent winning out or an acceleration in development?

still, a very good tournament for the young guys and nothing to sneeze at. well done to them.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Newb - hardly any of them have had NPC time. Ngatai probably the most regular.

Really impressed with the way the BB forwards supported at the tackle. They really attacked in the collisions and secured good quick ball for the majority of the game.

OZ were under pressure from the get go, and with points on the board against you and the onfield pressure, OZ were never in it IMO.

Great to watch

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Really impressed with the way the BB forwards supported at the tackle. They really attacked in the collisions and secured good quick ball for the majority of the game....

...and how often is that same story repeated with virtually every loss the Wallabies suffer at the hands of the ABs in the last few years....there may be other stories as well, but that one is nearly always there...

...and in about 1 in 6 games the Wallabies seem to understand it would be great strategy if they learnt to do the same thing....and then they win that game when they do....and then they forget (or don't have the forwards quality) and the cycle starts all over again...

D

dbla

That was a brutal game, NZ really showed that size doesnt always equate power in rugby as the smaller foward pack completely blew ours of the park. I haven't seen an underage team play that tight before... the future is looking very black... Agree with the post that the NZ five eight is berniesque he has that quality of giving himself endless time to do what he wants. Feel sorry for the junior wallabies in that they just weren't up to it, they tried to play some rugby at times but were up against an incredibly well drilled team that hit low and hard in defence and swamped the break down. Junior wallabies went too high in the tackle as well as not numbering up properly in defence. NZ only had to switch play to find they had numbers it was poor reading by the wallabies. Also in attack too many forwards standing around at the breakdown so aus inevitably lost possession at the next breakdown. Credit must be given to morahan who to be honest was the only player I saw who was not outplayed by his opposite number, seems nucifora was dead on the money by playing him at fullback after watching toua's performance. Australia out muscled, out enthused and out played in the best performance by an under age team most would have ever seen. At least the majority of the aus team will be there next year so they will undoubtly never want this kind of embarrasement to happen again and hopefully we will see the title next year.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
On Morahan, he is a big unit isn't he? Does anyone else reckon he runs exactly like Latham?

As a Crusaders supporter I will watch with interest whether or not Tyler (no.10)makes it in the next couple of years. We've had Carter, Brett, Slade, Hamish Gard come through and Tyler is now another

D

dbla

As a Crusaders supporter I will watch with interest whether or not Tyler (no.10)makes it in the next couple of years. We've had Carter, Brett, Slade, Hamish Gard come through and Tyler is now another

If he doesn't make the grade can we have him?

Status
Not open for further replies.