• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ireland v Australia, Saturday 26 November

Status
Not open for further replies.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Oh Ok. And I thought afterwards that saying you were 'hoping' it was the side was a bit strong. I meant you were 'thinking' it might have been the side :)

The team Michael posted is pretty shite though. However we must have had an injury plague for Bled 2 that year going by the Honkers line up.

I think QC (Quade Cooper) was suspended for the test

PeterK

Alfred Walker (16)
Timani has been dropped entirely , as I expected

What a dreadful decision. McMahon repalcing Hooper or Pocock adds little and replacing Mumm means 3 midget backrow

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
This might be against the thread of most, but with Mumm, and Timani being able to play lock and Douglas still not having his form from a couple of years back i would have dumped Douglas.
Yes each to there own.
McMahon has taken a lead, to a win in a couple of games.
And
Timani also destroying players in the last 20.

Yeah just my take - I thinking our starting back can have us in front with 25 to go, and then we can pull away from them in the last 25.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Michael, I can't help thinking you have over-reacted to one post declaring this to be the weakest Wallaby side for 20 years and extrapolating that to say that there are too many negative posters here.

There are many posters who disagree with a selection or some selections in the side from time to time, but so far as I can see most are by people with a real intention of suggesting improvements, rather than to be pulling the whole side down. And it is only a matter of opinion, as are your own preferences your opinion.

I am quite happy to say that imo the side would be stronger with Fardy in place of Mumm and with only one of Hooper/Pocock in the starting lineup and Timani starting in No 8. I am not demeaning the Wallabies by voicing my opinions, and I am sure most other posters are really also only voicing their opinions too. And I do think you take your impatience and disrespect for anyone older than you quite a bit too far in your comments.

Interesting to see that Mumm is one of the few who appear in the 2010 side and are still around today. Life is one great big mystery.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I was wondering if someone could do me a favour, of our games since round one of the RWC year removing England & AB's what is our record?

• Those mid year tests are often odd - a team selected and prepared at very short notice - v a team that has gelled right through the 6 nations. They also must be sort of all right winning 11 on the trot.
  • Then we look at the AB's how many teams beat them in their last 20 games, sort of thinking they are sort of okay 2.
Yeah, I'm with Brumby Runner thought process.

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
Looks like they are treating Mcmahon like how they used the patched up Folau at the end of the WC - Mcmahon was playing on one leg for most of the France match. Things shouldn't be so bad that we have to rely on someone that much.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Worst team in 20 years is a bit of a laugh. Matt Dunning has 45 Australian caps. Matt. Dunning. Had plenty of other terrible teams.

Teams fine, lots of new blooded talent on the younger side of things. Few top players to return after next year to start gearing us up for RWC 19 which is Cheika's obvious goal. Beale, etc etc.

Plus we are still in with a chance of a 5/5 tour. Which has been achieved only once before.

There's nothing worse than privilege that is expressed in expectation and disappointment where there is nothing to be disappointed about.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Yeah, but even if we win the selections are still wrong.

IMG_4907.JPG

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
Pocock will probably do his knee in the first 10 minutes and solve our selection issues for us.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
If SOB does play we will have trouble containing him and the other big forward ball runners. Dropping Timani off the bench and going with all three 7s in the 23 is an odd decision, but one I am not surprised by. Cheika pushes towards playing all three 7s whenever possible. With Coleman not available we will likely struggle with the physicality of the Irish with so many small backrowers.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thats right you patty bastards !!! I'm awake half pissed and here to watch the Wobs give you a hiding .. CARRNNNN WALLABIES !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.